The First Day

I closed my eyes, and everything went black. Obvious, I know. But when I opened my eyes back up... black. Still black. No movement, no light. Everything was black. I felt nothing. I heard nothing. I saw nothing, and I couldn't move. Then, I heard it. I heard a whisper. Someone, or something, whispered in my ear. I couldn't understand it, nor see who said it. I was scared. I didn't know what was happening and then... *Splash* *Thump* *Tap*
"Eek! Why would you do that Ma?!" I exclaimed, still in shock.
"You wouldn't wake up, so I had no choice," my mother said in a monotone voice. I shivered.
"That doesn't mean you should poor ice-cold water on me!"
"Don't sleep in, and I would not need to wake you up, Stella," she replied before sighing and walking back towards my bedroom door. "Estella, get up and go to school. Do not make me ask you twice," she continued, emphasizing on the not.
I turned around to roll my eyes because I would get yelled at if she saw me. Sheesh... I turned back to see her gone, with my clothes on the dresser. I stood up while feeling lightheaded. I wanted to stay home today, but no. With my mom, it will never happen. I clicked my tongue in annoyance as I was not in the mood to be awake right now. I went to my bed to take off my blankets and sheets so I could remake them. After fixing the bed, I took my sweet time walking to my laptop. Call it a computer if you want, they are the same thing. I grab my laptop and place it in my backpack, along with a few notebooks, books, and other school supplies such as pencils. After I fill my bag, I go to the bathroom to brush my hair and clean up a little. I put my hair in a high pony as I leave the room. I grab my bag as I walk out of my bedroom, through the hall, into the family room. My mother is sitting down on the couch waiting for me. I tell her I'm ready and we go to her car.
"I had a weird dream last night," I blurt out as she starts the car.
"What was is it about?"
"It was about... something. I can't remember," I said kind of annoyed.
"Maybe you'll remember it later."
"Maybe..."
Maybe... what was it about? I doze off for a few minutes. Suddenly, I hear my mom tell me it's time to leave the car... and something about staying safe during the walk home? Whatever, she's probably just being overprotective because of something on the news. I realized we were at my school and leave the car with my bag. Another day at school... I'm already tired and it's only the first day... I take out my schedule from orientation. Classroom #315... which means the third floor...
"Why me," I whisper to myself.
I head to the stairs and starting running up them but miss a step and fall down. I have a big wound on my knee which was exposed because the uniform requires a skirt. My hands were scraped is bleeding a little. I start to freak out.
"On my first day," I say quietly.
On my FIRST DAY... THIS HAPPENS?!?! I was half way up the stairs when I fell. I decided to just go back down to the nurse. Luckily for me, I didn't meet anyone on the way because most people were at their classes already.
"Haha, look at you, all bloody and in a mess," I hear a strange voice say.
"The h3// d-," I turn around to see no one near me.
What the heck was that? I'll figure it out later. I continue going through the hall, all the way down to the nurse's office.

*Knock* *Knock*
"Come in," I hear a lady say.
I walk inside. I already hate this.
"What is it this time, Estella?"
"I..."
"Nevermind, I can already see it."
I looked down to see blood dripping down my leg from the cut on my knee. It reached my socks, giving them a red stain. That was the last thing I saw before my eyes closed and I fainted.

Mom's POV

I wake up to my alarm like usual. Time to get up and get to work. I get out of bed and to my morning routine. After that I begin to relax on the couch and turn on the TV to watch the news.

"Breaking news! A victim of a murder has been found. The body was a college student, a 21 year old female attending Jayna Lift College. The name will not be disclosed to the public due to privacy reasons, but the body was found blood dry with what looks like a bite mark on the neck. We aren't going to pretend like we have no idea what this means. People are suspecting a vampire, a creature we thought long dead as the murderer. However, it is still too soon to confirm this as it could be someone trying to put ever-"

*BEEP BEEP*
Time to wake up Estella I guess...

*1 hour later*
I drop Estella off with a warning.
She's gonna be the death of me I swear...
I head to work but not even 10 minutes later get a call from my daughter's school.
What is it this time...
"Hello?" I ask.
"Um.. hello. This is Ms. Linda speaking from JL College. Am I speaking to Erika Grayson?" I hear the lady ask.
"Yes, it is. What happened to Estella?"
"We believe she fell, most likely on the stairs and hurt herself. She fainted after reaching my office," I sigh.
"This girl," I mumble, "Okay I'll be there in about 10 minutes to pick her up."
"Okay, I'll see you here soon," is the last thing I hear before a beep.
I can't believe something's already happened and it's only the first day...
I turn down the next street to turn around and head back to Estella's new college. This will be a really long year... I turn the radio back on only to hear about several more cases describing cases almost the same as this morning, which all happened last night. People suspect multiple perpetrators due to the areas they're in but others say vampires can teleport so if it was one it could be that. They're all females the same age as Stella attending college... I hope she'll be okay.
In 7 more minutes I reach the school.
I see Stella still blacked out on one of the bed's in the nurse's office.
"Can I wait until she wakes up or do I need to take her home right away?"
"I advise waiting until she wakes up unless it passes 4pm because it will start getting dark a few hours after that," the nurse tells me.
"Okay," I say as I sit down and get my phone out. I proceed to call my boss and tell them what happened and that I won't be going to work.
I guess I'll be here for a while.

Third POV
Estella is having the same dream again but this time she has all of her senses and nothing is black. In fact, everything is a little... too colorful.

The end :)
About 1230 words. I actually have about 2000 words done, but this was a good place to split it.