A Double Date

STAN

So, Kyle has been really moody lately. I say that with love, though. Tolkien and Clyde aren't speaking, Bebe and Wendy officially made their relationship public, and Kyle isn't taking it well. Cartman, of course, hasn't been facing any backlash or consequences, and I think that's also making Kyle upset. I hate this situation too, but that's life. Just one shitty thing after another.

Right now, I'm on FaceTime with Butters. Well, technically Kyle and I are on FaceTime with Butters and Kenny. We thought it might be a good idea to go on an outing to take Kyle's mind off things.

"How about the arcade?" Butters asked.

I turned my head to see Kyle's reaction, and he nodded. I looked back at my phone and said, "hell yeah! Sounds like fun!"

I could hear Kenny in the background, "see Leo, I told you it was a good idea." Butters' face turned slightly red as he smiled at Kenny's comment, and it made me wonder if I ever looked like that with Kyle.

We talked more about the specifics, and ultimately decided on meeting there within the hour. Once we hung up, Kyle looked at me with an expression that almost killed me.

"Hey, it's going to be fun, okay? You deserve to have fun," I told him.

"I know," he replied, "I just feel so icky still."

I grabbed his hand in both of mine. "Which is why we're taking you out to have fun."

He smiled a little bit, and I let his hand go so we could get ready. I snuck a quick peck in and grinned, and he laughed. I'm going to do everything in my power to make him feel like everything is going to be fine, despite anything else going on.

We were out the door soon after, and got to the arcade before Kenny and Butters did. As we were leaning against the building waiting, I noticed Kyle anxiously tapping his fingers, so I grabbed his hand. His nerves seemed to immediately settle.

Kenny and Butters pulled up fashionably late, hopping out of the car laughing and nudging each other. I rolled my eyes at the cheesiness of it all, forgetting that Kyle and I can quite literally be the same way. At least we actually admitted our feelings, damn.

"Head in the clouds?" I announced, making our presence known.

Kenny and Butters must not have seen us, because they both shot their eyesights directly towards me with wide eyes.

"Huh?" Butters asked.

I rolled my eyes. "Nothing."

We went inside, and I bought all of us loaded cards to use on the games. They all tried to persuade me not to, and that they can pay for themselves, but I insisted. Shelly gave me some money, so it's not like I'm breaking my bank.

"We're doing Mario Kart first," Kyle said sternly, grabbing my arm and pulling me. I didn't really have any time to react, let alone refuse, so I followed and beckoned the other two to follow as well.

"Y'all are no match against me," Kenny winked as we sat in all four seats. Butters on the end, then Kenny, then me, and lastly, Kyle on the other end.

I elbowed him, "you wish!"

We swiped our cards, talking shit to each other in the meantime. Of course, we had to choose our characters. I obviously picked Waluigi. Sneaking a glimpse on the other screens, I saw that Kyle chose Yoshi, Kenny chose Bowser, and Butters chose Toad. Classic.

Once everything was ready to go, the countdown began. I revved my engine on two, as pros know that's the best way to go. The flags went up, and our cars blasted into gear.