Prologue

This prologue takes place one day before the main story.

Anastasia Pierce, the protagonist of this story, received a mysterious letter in front of her door. The sender is unknown, but Anastasia didn't want to think about it and took it inside the house. She planned on reading the letter after finishing breakfast, and so she placed it next to the couch in the living room. She quickly took a shower, changed her clothes, putting the dirty ones in the washing machine, and prepared her breakfast, a toast and a poached egg.

After she finished preparing her breakfast, Anastasia wanted to grab the mysterious letter from before, but after checking the living room couch, the letter disappeared by itself. Anastasia lost in her thoughts for a moment, before then talking to herself, that she lived alone the entire time. She began to sweat in worry. Maybe this place was haunted-

Oh, found it.

The author rn:

Anastasia grabbed the letter on the floor after being blown by the wind and brought it to the dinner table

Anastasia grabbed the letter on the floor after being blown by the wind and brought it to the dinner table. While walking to the table, Anastasia lost in her thoughts again, saying that she wanted to travel the world while still keeping her passion as a detective, and for that, as of five days before, she had booked a flight to Singapore hoping to see the life in another country with her own eyes. She also said that in the past, before she resigned from the city police department, she was one of the best detectives in the city, proven by her medallions and golden badges that she displayed near the front door. It's unclear why she wanted to resign. Anastasia didn't want to talk about that.

Anyway, after finishing breakfast and putting the dirty plates into the dishwasher, Anastasia finally opened the letter.

Instead of a paper, Anastasia found a strange blue-colored compartment. This compartment felt futuristic, Anastasia thought that this letter was sent from someone in the future. At first Anastasia didn't know what to do with the compartment, until she accidentally clicked on a hexagon button on the left side, activating the compartment.

The compartment suddenly split in half, showing a transparent touchscreen. The screen showed the real letter and a logo above it. Anastasia didn't recognize the logo and decided to only read the letter.

The letter said—Anastasia read the first paragraph, "For Anastasia Pierce, we have invited you to join World's Elite Division by Mystery Society. Simply, we have heard so many things about you and your detective career and sure enough, you will be a great fit for this job. Together, we will prevail justice and fight crimes around the world."

Anastasia stopped for a moment before reading the second paragraph. She expressed her suspicions, how does this letter sender know her name and profession, they even know where she lives?

She then read the second paragraph. "Please respond once you received this special letter, but don't let anyone know—whatever is written on this letter, stays on this letter. We will be waiting for you."

As soon as Anastasia finished reading paragraph, the letter disappeared, revealing a flash world map with a red arrow pointing to Singapore, precisely Changi Airport. It's clear that, whoever sent Anastasia that letter, they want her to join this division. She became more and more suspicious of this, mostly because she never heard this very name of such agency or law firm. She wanted to refuse, but curiosity got the best of her, and she decided to go to Singapore to find out the truth. She started packing her things while waiting for afternoon.

***

Half past two in the afternoon. Two and a half hours before the flight.

After Anastasia made sure to leave nothing behind, she took her car and went to the airport. Anastasia drove to the place earlier on purpose due to long distance from her house.

Arrived at the airport, Anastasia checked in. The on-duty staff that time recognized Anastasia as a detective with high reputation, and after a short talk, the staff gave her a boarding pass with her seat number. Anastasia thanked them, before going to the waiting terminal. She didn't do much after that, only playing a relaxing game on her smartphone-

 She didn't do much after that, only playing a relaxing game on her smartphone-

wAs ThAT tHE biTE oF 87?!-

After waiting for almost two hours, an announcement could be heard, saying that a plane to Singapore will soon depart. Anastasia quickly went to the said plane. Fortunately, she wasn't late. She threw her body to her seat, feeling relieved to see that she's not late yet. Five minutes later, the plane started to take off, starting a 19-hour flight to Singapore.

During the flight, there wasn't much Anastasia did. Watching movies, sleeping, receiving food service from the flight, sleeping again, the cycle went on. She kept on thinking, trying to piece together every piece of mystery of the mysterious sender of the letter that offered her a position in a law division she never knew existed, but she stumbled upon a dead end. She decided to just sleep, this plane wouldn't land for another 19 hours.

Whatever's waiting for her on the other side, she decided to trust her detective instinct.