Chapter 2: Day 1 of School

The Next day

04/07

In Zack’s room

Zack was getting ready as he was looking in the mirror.

Then there was a knock on his door and a voice says “It’s Takeba. Are you awake?

Zack said, “Good morning, Takeba-san.” then he walks over and opens the door.

Yukari saw him and smiled as she said, “Good morning. Did you sleep okay?”

Zack nods and she says “I’ve bene asked to show you the way to school. Are you ready to go?”

Zack nodded and said, “Yeah, I’m ready.”

Yukari says “Great! Let’s head out.

Later

On the train

Zack was next to Yukari on the train, and she says “This is how we’ll be getting school every day. It’s a monorail! Pretty cool, huh?” as she looks at Zack.

They were over the ocean as the monorail cart was moving.

Yukari said, “I honestly love the ride here. It almost feels like we’re flying over the ocean. Oh, by the way, our school’s at the last stop on this line. It’s called Tatsumi Port Island. Have you heard of it?”

Zack nods and says “Yeah, I have.”

Yukari says “The whole thing’s man-made, and our school’s smack-dab in the middle.”

Then they pass over an arch and she says “Oh, look! There it is now!”

Zack saw the island and smiled at how beautiful it looked.

Later

At Gekkoukan High

Yukari and Zack were walking up to the school.

Another student says “Morning.” to Yukari.

Yukari said, “Morning!”

Yukari stops at the gate and turns around and says “Well, here we are. Allow me to welcome you to Gekkoukan High School. I hope you like it!” as she smiles at Zack.

Inside the school

The duo walked in and she asked, “You’ll be okay on your own from here, right?”

Zack nods and says “Yeah. Just… where do I go?”

Yukari said, “Let’s see… I guess you should go see your homeroom teacher first. The faculty office is over there on the left. They’ll tell you more when you get there. Well, that about does it. Any questions before I go?”

Zack asked, “Which class are you in?”

Yukari says “Me? I dunno… I haven’t looked at the classroom assignments yet.”

Yukari then says “Hey… About last night… Don’t tell anyone what you saw, okay? See you!”

Zack walks to the center of the room and says “There’s a crowd forming in front of the bulletin board… Maybe I’ll take a peek before going to the faculty office…”

Zack walks up to the board and says “The class rosters are posted. My name is… added on a small note off to the side. Wow. ‘Class 2-F: Zachary Snow-Allen’... Hm? The name ‘Yukari Takeba’ is also on the list. It seems that I’ll be in the same class as her…”

Zack smiles and goes to the left hallway and goes into the Faculty Office.

Inside the Office

Once Zack stepped in, a teacher walks up and asks “Oh, are you the new student? Zachary Snow-Allen… You’re a second-year, correct? Wow, you’ve lived in a lot of different places. Let’s see… Ten years ago, your were in an accident– I’m sorry… I’ve been so busy, I didn’t have time to read this beforehand. I’m Ms. Toriumi. I teach Composition. Welcome to our school.”