Chapter 5

(Warning: Heavy talk in this chapter, will be mentioned when we get to it)

~FLINT P.O.V

It felt so good to finally get the praise I've always dreamed of after all this time, all these people chanting my name.

I know I screwed up my friendship... Crush-ship...? Or whatever status I had with Babs after what happened earlier, but I'll make it up to her later, I can promise myself that.

Anyway, I turned toward the ribbon, holding up the golden scissors. Closing my eyes, I cut the ribbon and the crowd cheered behind me.

But that feeling was gone when the sky suddenly shifted to an orange and yellow colour scheme and a flock of Ratbirds took off.

"Danger! Danger! Danger!" Steve yelled, sensing something before he ran off.

I dropped the scissors just as the wind picked up. Holding up a finger for a few moments, I tasted the air. But the taste made me funnel my eyebrows in confusion. "Salt and pepper wind...?" I muttered.

"What-?"

Just then, I was smacked in the face by a dry leaf. I took it off, sniffing it briefly. My eyes widened. "Oregano..." I muttered, horrified.

Looking over in the direction of my lab, a massive Spaghetti and Meatballs Tornado formed ten blocks away, slowly heading towards us.

Slowly, but surely, the people around us started running around and panicking. "Mamma Mia!" I muttered, letting go of the oregano leaf.

Turning around, I spotted Sam by the Nacho pool. My eyes widened slightly when I spotted her holding the lab coat I gave Bella.

She sent me a furious glare in my direction before running toward the Weather News Network Van, determined. "Sam, wait, no! I can turn it off!" I desperately called.

I looked back toward the twister before my gaze shifted to the lab. "I can turn it off..." With a primal scream, I leapt off the stage and ran down the street toward my lab, with the twister and people running the other way ahead of me.

I managed to dodge a few meatballs that were heading toward me, along with a couple of other objects. I leapt across a few cars and saw a few kids hanging onto playground equipment that started floating in the air.

"Hey, kids, it's all gonna be okay--"

I was cut off when I landed on a meatball, spinning around on it before being sucked into the twister after landing on an armchair.

Surprisingly, it was pretty calm inside the twister, I pretty much swam through the air but I swam into a man in a bathtub.

"Pardon me..." I apologized.

"Pardon me!" the man huffed.

I reached Joe in his car, seemingly unaware that he was driving in the twister. I opened the back passenger door and climbed through the car. "Excuse me,"

"Aw, no problem," Joe reassured as I exited the car, flying toward the edge of the twister. I made it out but my lab coat started coming off thanks to the wind pushing underneath me.

I tried to hold onto it but it still slipped off, flying away. "NO!" I yelled, coming into contact with one of my billboards. But I slipped off it, babbling nonsense as I used oregano leaves to try to get myself up.

As I flew, I kept using different objects to keep me from falling to the ground ( such as garlic bread, stop signs, and mailboxes. Managing to grab a stepladder, I stepped down it until I was on the ground again in front of the lab.