The Perpetual Pearl

So we have to find the key to open it," said Sandra, looking at the keyhole in the box.

"Yes, that's right.  But it's not just one key."

"But what do you mean it's not one key, there is just one keyhole," said Sandra tapping the keyhole.

"That's all you see, but there is more to this box than you know," said the phoenix princess as Toth and Amon came into the room. "Greetings, Dawn, what news from the phoenix palace?" asked Seth bowing at the phoenix princess.

"Not very good news, but at least we have the daughter of Horus with us."

"Well, bad news can turn good too," said Seth and the phoenix princess returned his bow.

"I entrusted the care of the Perpetual Pearl to Sandra," said the phoenix princess nodding towards Sandra. 

"Then you can be assured it will be well protected," said Seth as the phoenix princess looked out of the window. The sky had turned shades of red, pink and orange as if someone had set it on fire.

"I need to take my leave of you, I have a long journey to make," said the phoenix princess and there was a flash, the sound of beating wings and a beautiful golden bird flew out of the open window. 

"Well, we better settle down for the night," said Seth as they all watch the phoenix disappear into the distance and blend with the golden hued skies.

"I never thought I would see a phoenix, let alone a phoenix princess," said Teddy tearing his eyes away from the window.

"I have prepared dinner," said Maya leading everyone into the dinning room.

It was toast bread, butter, cheese, friend beef, fried sausages and bread pudding. Sandra, Teddy and Nimrod sat down to eat. Sandra ate until she was stuffed. She yawned. 

After dinner, Maya showed them to the guest room. There were bunk beds. There were enough beds for everyone. Soon Sandra was fast asleep.

She woke to the sound of a cock crowing early in the morning. The sun shone through the window. Teddy was still sleeping and Nimrod was up too. Sandra thought about her dad. She hoped he was okay. She took out her cell phone and tried to call him but couldn't reach him.

"Are you calling your dad?" asked Nimrod after Sandra put the cellphone back in her pocket.

"Yes, but I can't reach him," she said, as Nimrod climbed down from the top bunk where he had been sleeping.

"Maybe you should ask Seth if he has been in touch with him."

Then there was a knock on the door. "Come in," said Sandra and the door opened. Teddy sat up on his bunk bed. It was Seth.

"Breakfast is ready," said Seth as he stepped into the room. "We will leave soon after breakfast."

They all gathered in the dining room. There was fresh milk, toast, fried egg, cheese and butter. Sandra, Teddy and Nimrod served themselves. Sandra heard her phone ping and took it out. She unlocked her phone. It was a message. She played the message; it was the voice of a woman. She thought that the voice sounded familiar. It said:

If you want to see your dad, meet me at the clockwork city. I will be waiting for you at the clockwork castle. 

Everyone on the table heard the message and then suddenly Sandra recognized the owner of the voice. She had heard it before that night in her dad's room. It was the voice of Apopsis.

"Is that?" asked Sandra wanting to make sure she had guessed right.

"Yes, that is Apopsis," said Seth, getting up from his seat. "Well, looks like she beat us there. We were headed to the clockwork city anyway."