THIRTY TWO

Zephyr●

What I did was necessary. It wasn't what I wanted, but I had to calm him down.

I left him in what I thought were capable hands, but instead, they were having their lovers quarrel and left him unattended.

Looking down at the tiny omega in my arms, I released a breath, tucking a few of those white strands behind his ear. I knew that I shouldn't have left him alone, but I did.

I fiddled with his necklace, twisting and turning the stone in my hands until I eased him up to remove it.

Dipping into my pocket, I pulled out another necklace, but this one was smaller and contained a small black stone. This was what I left him to retrieve. As long as he wore this, he would be unable to use any form of ability that he possesses. The stone rendered all magic capabilities he had within him absolutely useless, this would be torture for him and Cassius.

"They'll understand." Eros voiced, and I hooked the necklace around his neck, watching as his white hair started to slowly turn black. When all white strands were now jet-black, I cradled him in my arms.

This will all be over soon, I just need to keep him and the babies safe.

I laid him on his side, and he instantly curled into a ball.

Walking out of his room, I locked the door and went in search of Rhys.

"Zephyr they'll understand. It's for their own good. I don't enjoy this just as much as you don't, there is no need for you to be giving me the cold shoulder."

I ignored Eros and continued to walk.

I wasn't upset at the fact that he insisted that we keep Mizuki under lock and key. I was upset because he kept things from me, and I thought we were closer than that.

He could've stopped all of this a long time ago. He is the reason why this is happening. He could've ended it when he had the chance.

For as long as I've known my wolf, he's always had a deeper connection with Cassius, which I thought was just because they were mates, and it came naturally, but I was wrong.

When I found Rhys and his mate, they were sitting down, Mylo on the other side of the room as always, and Rhys on the next.

Standing in the middle of the room, I crossed my arms as I waited for one of them to speak.

"I am very sorry, this is all my fault. I opened the door and led us outside." Mylo spoke first, and I glanced at him. His eyes were cast low with quilt, and his lips pushed out in a small pout.

Rolling my eyes, I looked back at his mate, waiting for him to say something. He looked at me and shrugged.

"I gave him the necklace," I said, and he raised his eyebrows, looking at me.

"What necklace?"

"Mizuki will no longer be able to shift or control any form of time. Oridian will fall back into sync with Earth very soon. This is not a solution, just what we can do that doesn't involve me locking him up in this place to keep him safe." I explained, and Mylo's lips pulled in a thin line.

"Whatever those injections were, get Keegan to find them as soon as possible."

Rhys nodded, and I released a ragged breath, leaving them both.

I wasn't surprised when Rhys followed me out, I was surprised he left his mate behind.

"Are you okay?" He asked me, concern slightly filling his voice.