The injured assassin

I slowly let out a nervous breath, the adrenaline pumping through my veins and my chest heaving, my heart beating so fast it felt like it could grow legs and jump out and participate in some olympics competition about running. I'm scared and don't know who the 'owner' of this bloody hand is. That was before a voice rang out from behind my ear.

-"Ya good darlin'...?"-A man, this is the voice of a man, he spoke in rapid breaths as if he was injured . I could feel the heat from his breath, I still stood there frozen and didn't know what to answer before I felt a familiar feeling...This voice, it sounded like a voice I heard yesterday, that strange man appeared at my workplace and then from nowhere he pulled out a gun and put a copper bullet in the middle of my customer's forehead before disappearing without leaving a trace.

Fucking great, tiring day ended with a strange assassin standing behind me with one of his hands still on my stomach.

Anyway, I can't confirm it's him... Maybe it's just someone with a similar voice to him, maybe my day won't end this badly, right?.

I suddenly felt a hand slowly approaching and holding the beer case for me. I now realized that my hand was shaking because holding this heavy beer case for so long.

I turned my head to look and was startled to see his face, exactly the same assassin from yesterday, now standing right behind me with his face next to me. My eyes and his met, the hand on my stomach gradually loosened, this was probably the right time to run.

I could drop this beer case right now and run for my dear life while praying to Satan that he won't catch me and rip me out or put a bronze bullet in the middle of my forehead like the way he did to my customer last night.

...

Wait, I don't even know if I was his target, I didn't do anything to make someone angry enough to hire a hitman to kill me, right?? I'm just a small waiter at a somewhat kinda famous tavern. I don't curse or seduce any married men. No one wants to kill me, right??? This won't make me his next victim, right???? Besides, with the hand holding the beer case for me right now, he probably just wants to help me, right????? After all, although it was quite suspicious, I thought that if I was really his next victim, he could just shoot me from behind but he didn't, and with his hand holding the beer case for me now, maybe he just wants to help.

Dear Satan, I know I've been a bitch my whole short life but please, don't let me die tonight, I don't know if he wants to hurt me or not, I don't know if I should run away for the sake of my precious life or should I stay and let him do what he intends to do, please....Think , Y/N, think....

...

-"Um...."-I hesitated, not knowing what to say but also unable to stay silent forever. I slowly let go of the beer case, the assassin behind me firmly held the beer case and walked from behind to in front of me.

Oh Satan, I've never noticed how tall he is...when he appeared yesterday he was just sitting so I couldn't really see his height. With his height and the gun he's having , there's no way I can run away from him.

Fuck my life.

-"Thanks."-I said, my voice was a bit shaky but I tried my best so he wouldn't realize that I am so fucking scared right now.

I have to admire my own brave decision, which I don't yet know whether it was wise or foolish to decide to stay instead of running away for my beloved life.

-"Who would let a small girl like ya carry this heavy thing?"-He said , a smile played on his lips as his hand completely carried the beer case for me, it looked so easy when he holds it.

-"It's not that difficult."-I said, the owner of this tavern only shows up once a week to make sure everything is okay - and being okay here means the restaurant is still crowded and revenue has not decreased. I work here without a colleague, of course because the owner is too stingy to pay two people at the same time, that's why I have to take on all the work here and work hard from day to day to late night every day . But it's okay, everything has its good side, I won't have to listen to the boss's nagging or have conflicts with colleagues, which is quite good.