XVIII

"this member votes no confidence in lord lian."

"on what account sir?"

"hes too focused on something that isnt favorable to the council let alone to our clan."

"something? you mean his singer, right?"

"is it?"

"sir, respectfully speaking, what you are accusing our lord is highly absurd. if not for his singer, who knows if we are still standing right here doing this obtuse debate whether our lord lian is capable of ruling our kind or not. remember the incident when the first council betrayed the ancients? us who had been alive that time will not ever forget the stench of blood dripping from every walls on that castle. the purge will never be forgotten but if you must really oppose the royals, you and your family, from you to your offshoots will bear the consequences."

"but is it right to have a nobody be at our lords side? he gave nothing to the clan let alone hes of different species."

"tell that to the emperor lets see what happens. lord ethan, as far as i heard, is already in favor of this boy. whether its true or not, better be cautious sir."

"be that as it may, i still see no progress in our clan when lord lian took the throne as our king."

"sir, hes only been in the position for a very few years. we have infinity of time in our hands what are you so afraid of?"

"the downfall of the royals whom we had laid our hopes and lives to thats what im worried about."

"not in a few centuries or more sir. maybe not even in your dreams."

"well see about that."

‐------------------------>>>>>

morning came, kuea got startled by the sudden jerk under him.

"mmm..." kuea said and felt the hard mattress under him. hard yet soft at the same time. curiousity got him, he opened his eyes and found himself near what looked like a nipple.

as he slowly remembered what happened last night, he cant help himself to burrow further down the blanket but never leaving that comfortable position on his now official mate.

though kuea didnt hear it, he felt it. someone having a fun time early in the morning.

"pffft..."

"funny, huh?"

"youre just too adorable, my love."

"geez."

seeing a bashful kuea, lian wanted to pounce on him but given that they had a wild night, hes sure kuea might still be sore down there. yes, his singers a wolf with healing abilities and all but his body will still remember how it would feel and that really bothers lian.

"you okay? feeling anything off?"

"just a tingle down there but not really that uncomfortable. this one though," kuea pointed at his neck, "still stings."

"figures."

"yours?"

"mine? the bite? well, i never thought that you could clamp down that hard, love"

"im sorry."

"its okay. no harm done. i might have bitten a bit too hard too, so were even."

"doesnt take the fact that i made you bleed, yan."

"well, you did too, actually. down here." lian reached for those plump peaches and this made the other grew red on his face.

"ya~an!!!"