62| "you're so brave"

Ace:

As the evening progressed, I led Naomi and Amara down the hallway towards a room that held a special significance-one that had remained a secret until now. Amara skipped ahead with excitement, oblivious to the surprise awaiting her.

I stopped in front of the door and turned to them with a soft smile. "I've been wanting to show you both this room for a long time," I said.

Naomi looked at Ace, her eyebrow raised in curiosity. "What's so special about this room?" she asked.

My smile widened as I pushed open the door, revealing a beautifully decorated space filled with colorful toys, books, and a cozy bed. The walls were adorned with Amara's favorite little things, and the room exuded warmth and love.

"This is Amara's room," Ace announced, his voice filled with affection.

Naomis haw dropped, turning to face ne again. Her gaped mouth slowly turned into a smile.

"This is my room?" Amara asks, a smile spreading across her lips.

"Yes, Amara. It is indeed your room." I said.

She runs I to the room and shows herself onto the bed, landing face toward. I peal my eyes from her and look at Naomi.

"When did you do all this?" She asks.

"Five years ago. I'm hoping I'd share it with her one day." I said.

"Ace, this is incredible. Thank you for doing it this for her." She said, smiling up at me.

We continued watching Amara soak in her new room, before she turned her head to us and her eyes met mine.

"Thank you, Ace. I really love it." I
She said, causing my heart to squeeze.

"I'm glad you do." I said.

A few momets later, I received an urgent call that required my immediate attention.

I excused myself and left, leaving Naomi and Amara together.

__

Naomi

We remained in Amara's newly revealed room, the warmth of our cuddling forming a cocoon of comfort of the night.

I nestled close to Amara, the rhythmic rise and fall of her breath soothing me.

In the gentle embrace of the night, I broached the subject of the recent kidnapping, my heart heavy with concern for my daughter's well-being.

"Are you okay?" I asked softly, my voice laced with tenderness, as Amara and I lay together on her bed.

"Yeah, I'm all good," Amara replied in a small voice.

"You sure? He didn't hurt you or anything?" I questioned gently, concern etched into my features.

"Uh, no, not really. He just said not the nicest words to me," Amara admitted, her tone tinged with discomfort.

"What did he say?" I asked, trying to keep my voice calm despite the knot tightening in my stomach.

Amara hesitated for a moment before speaking, her young face clouded with uncertainty. "He... he said horrible things about Ace and you," she replied quietly.

My heart sank as I absorbed Amara's words. The realization that my precious daughter had been subjected to hurtful remarks during their ordeal filled me with a mix of anger and sadness.

Amara..." I called out softly, feeling a pang of sorrow at the thought of my daughter enduring such cruelty.

Amara turned towards me, her eyes glistening with unshed tears. Without a word, she wrapped her arms around me in a tight embrace, seeking comfort and reassurance.

I held Amara close, my own heart breaking for her. In that moment, all I wanted was to shield her from the pain and cruelty of the world.

"It's okay, sweetheart," I whispered, my voice choked with emotion. "You didn't deserve to hear those things."

Amara squeezed me tighter, her small frame trembling slightly with suppressed sobs. "I'm sorry," she murmured, her voice muffled against my shoulder.

"No, Amara, you have nothing to be sorry for," I assured her, my voice filled with love and understanding. "You're so brave, and I'm so proud of you."

Amara pulled back slightly, her tear-streaked face looking up at me with a mixture of vulnerability and strength. "I love you," she said, her voice wavering but filled with sincerity. "You not being there, had me feeling so...'' she trailed, nothing knowing what words to use.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I brushed a gentle kiss against Amara's forehead. "I love you too, Amara. So, so, so much," I replied, my heart overflowing with love for my resilient daughter.

In that intimate moment of shared vulnerability, I realized just how strong Amara was, despite her tender age. She had faced adversity with courage and grace, and I vowed to always be there to support and protect her.

As we held each other close, the weight of our shared experience slowly eased.

As we lay together in the quiet of her room, I held Amara close, grateful for the safety and security we now had. Our conversation had opened a door to deeper understanding and empathy between us, strengthening the unbreakable bond that tied us together as mother and daughter.

In the embrace of our love, I found solace, knowing that we would face whatever challenges lay ahead with unwavering courage and devotion. And as Amara drifted off to sleep in my arms, her breathing steady and calm, I whispered a silent promise to always be there for her, no matter what.

__

After our heartfelt embrace, I gently tucked Amara into bed, pulling the covers snugly around her small frame. As I leaned down to kiss her forehead, I whispered a few words of comfort and reassurance.

Amara's sleepy eyes fluttered closed, a contented smile playing on her lips as she drifted off into peaceful slumber. With one last lingering gaze, I brushed a gentle kiss against her forehead again before quietly slipping out of her room, leaving the door cracked open just enough to let in a sliver of light.

As I made my way down the hallway, my heart felt lighter, knowing that my daughter was safe and sound, cocooned in the warmth of her bed and surrounded by love. With a silent prayer for her continued safety and happiness, I retreated to Aces room

__