I

The kingdoms of Bristista, Sizrathen, and Liviel had been locked in a brutal conflict for years. The war had brought untold suffering to the people of the region, with towns and villages destroyed and countless lives lost. The battles were fierce and unrelenting, with each kingdom fighting tooth and nail for every inch of territory.

Bristista, the largest kingdom in the region, had formed an alliance with Craidora to the east, while Sizrathen and Liviel had banded together in a desperate bid for survival. The war had no clear end, with each kingdom determined to emerge victorious. Political maneuvering and alliances shifted constantly, with loyalties changing on a whim.

The region's people had grown weary of the conflict, but there seemed to be no way out. Each kingdom struggled to maintain its military strength and resources, often resorting to extreme measures to keep their armies fed and equipped. Spies and assassins roamed the battlefields, and rumors of treachery and betrayal were rife.

The war had become a way of life in the region, with generations growing up knowing nothing but conflict and chaos. And as the years passed, it seemed increasingly unlikely that the kingdoms would ever find a way to put an end to the bloodshed and forge a lasting peace.

~

The council meeting was tense as the generals of Liviel sat across the table from the king. The king had called them to discuss the ongoing war and how to end it. After listening to their opinions and suggestions, the king began to speak.

"I have been thinking deeply about how to end this war once and for all," he said, his voice firm. "And I believe that the only way to do so is by strengthening our alliance with Sizrathen."

The generals looked at each other in surprise, not sure where the king was going with this. The king continued, "I propose that we marry my daughter, Crown Princess Evelynne, to Crown Prince Lorcan of Sizrathen."

There was a moment of stunned silence before the generals began to speak. "Your majesty, with all due respect, how can a marriage end the war? We have been fighting for generations. Why would Sizrathen want to ally with us?" one of the generals asked.

The king smiled and replied, "I understand your doubts, but hear me out. Sizrathen has always been a powerful ally, and this marriage would only strengthen our bond. Crown Princess Evelynne is known for her beauty and intelligence, and I believe Lorcan would be a wonderful match for her."

The generals looked at each other, considering the king's proposal. After a few discussions, they agreed it was a viable solution. The king dismissed the council, a smile on his face.

Little did they know, the king had already sent word to Sizrathen, and negotiations for the marriage had already begun. The king was confident that this alliance would bring about a lasting peace to the region, and he couldn't wait to see it come to fruition.

As he left the council meeting, the king headed towards his throne room, deep in thought. He was interrupted by his queen, Scarlett, who had been waiting for him outside the door.

"My love, I have some doubts about this marriage proposal," she said, her voice laced with concern. "Evelynne may not agree to this. She has always been headstrong and independent."

The king stopped in his tracks, turning to face his queen. "My dear, I understand your concerns, but we cannot let personal feelings get in the way of what is best for our kingdom," he replied firmly.

"But what if she doesn't want to marry Lorcan?" Scarlett persisted.

The king sighed. "Then she'll just have to go with it. It's for the greater good, Scarlett. We cannot let this war continue any longer."