second story

(Wrote this in same other class I wrote the other one. Enjoy.)

There was once a boy who lived in the old countryside of Scotland. One day he was down by the beach collecting clams for his mother who would use the clams for their dinner that night.  

             He was searching the beach where the water met the land for clam shells. He found lots and lots of them. He quickly filled up his rusty old red bucket that used to be his father’s before he passed away out at sea. 

                 He noticed some red glowing in the wet sand close to where the water crashed onto shore. He walked over towards it. He dug his hands into the wet sand and he pulled out a red glowing stone. 

           He looked down at the red stone mesmerized by its glow. But he didn’t question why it was glowing. Glowing stones were common on this beach and at this time of the year. But every time he was still mesmerized by them.  

               The stones had the ability to send anyone to alternate universes if they wished. The boy had stones like this before but his mother took them and told him that he shouldn’t have the stones at all or use them to go to different alternative universes. She would punish him for it. 

                He stared down at the stone in his hand. He stared in awe. The boy stuffed the  glowing red stone into his pants pocket. He then continued to look for clams. A few minutes passed by and he heard his mother’s voice calling for him to return. 

            The boy rushed back from the beach and up the old path towards the house. When he finally reached the house. He saw his mother standing there with her arms crossed. She didn’t look in a rather pleasant mood. “ It took you long enough boy.” She forcefully took the bucket of clams out of his hands and disappeared into the house.

                  The boy sighed. He was used to his mother acting like this. It didn’t bother him as much as it used to. 

                      He reached his hand out into his pants pocket and very carefully pulled the stone out. He gazed at it and it’s red glow. He smiled slightly wondering what Universe would this stone take him to. 

              He slowly rubbed the stone with his wet clammy hands. The stone started glowing brighter and brighter until it was almost blinding. Within the span of a few seconds the boy was wished away to somewhere new. 

           The boy opened his eyelids very cautiously and he held onto the stone for dear life. He looked around at his surroundings. He was standing in what looked like a futuristic city. Like a utopia of some kind. 

                He gazed at the many tall white modern buildings that dotted the skyline all around him. He gazed at the weirdly dressed people. Some had funky hairstyles or funky styles of clothing. It made the boy chuckle. 

              He wandered around the new city for a while. He gazed at everything and looked in amazement. The people around him were used to the sight of small boys dressed like they were from the slums appearing holding glowing stones. 

             No one bothered to give him a glance or even ask who he was or where he was from. They just simply didn’t care. Well the boy continued on still gazing around in awe at everything. 

                 Soon the red stone stopped shining and it beamed him back. He stood back in front of his old stone home. The stone no longer glowed. It was now just an ordinary stone colored red. Nothing special about it any longer. 

His Mother stepped back outside and saw the boy gazing down at the rock. “ Boy! I strictly told you no more bringing glowing stones home!” She forcefully took the rock and threw it very far off the cliff and back into the sea. 

              “ Mom!” The boy squealed. 

     “ Now get your keister inside the house and help me with the clams!” She dragged him in by his arm back into the house. 

              As the boy and his mother went inside the house and closed the door. A red light illuminated from the sea. The stone was once again glowing and illuminating red. It would soon once again reach the shore and another person would soon find it.