21: AS LONG AS YOU NEED ME TOO : TRUTH

[21: AS LONG AS YOU NEED ME TOO : TRUTH]

Sunghoon adjusted his glasses and furrowed his eyebrows as he looked through his files. Cheonsa knocked on the door gently and he looked up, hiding the files immediately. "I'm just letting you know I'm using the ice rink." Cheonsa said. Sunghoon nodded.

He took out the files again and looked through them frantically.

'Riki Nishimura'

"Bingo." He said out loud. "Hello sir." Jake said. "Can you help me look through these?" Sunghoon asked, handing Jake a stack of files. "Can't you use your powers to scan through these?" Jake asked.

Sunghoon sighed, "This is serious. This kid is important to Cheonsa and I don't need anything happening to him since it'll make her sad." "Oh." Jake said. He sat down and helped Sunghoon look through the files.

Niki stared at the ceiling and sighed. The boredom was killing him.

Cheonsa was at practice and even though him and Sunghoon weren't really friends, he was nice to talk to.

Niki sat up and grabbed his phone from the nightstand, calling Eunchae.

"What's up Niki?" She asked. "What are you doing today?" Niki asked. "I was supposed to go out with Chaewon, but she canceled. So nothing. Why?" Eunchae asked.

"Let's go to the movies." Niki said. "Aren't you in the hospital?" Eunchae asked. "I mean yeah but what harm will the movies do?" Niki asked. Eunchae thought for a moment. "I'll be there in 15." She said.

Niki hung up the phone and got up, going to the bathroom. He washed his face and decided to keep on his pajamas. He fixed his hair and put on some tennis shoes.

He put on a hoodie and sat on the bed, sipping his juice as he waited for Eunchae.

After about 10 minutes, she arrived.

"Hey Niki." She said. Niki looked at her, "I feel underdressed." He said. "It's just the movies. Let's be real, who cares?" Eunchae shrugged. "Did you tell the hospital you were leaving?" Niki nodded, pointing to the note he had left on his nightstand.

"Let's go then." Eunchae said. Niki smiled a bit.

Cheonsa looked at Sunghoon, "How was that?" "It was great." Sunghoon replied, "Considering you did the duo parts alone that well... that was impressive." Cheonsa blushed a bit and smiled. Yunjin rolled her eyes, "My turn." She said, moving Cheonsa.

Sunghoon groaned and leaned back in his chair.

Yunjin began gliding across the ice and Cheonsa sat next to Sunghoon. "She's really good." She said. "She's okay." Sunghoon said. "Why are you so rude to her?" Cheonsa asked. "She's annoying." Sunghoon replied. "Maybe if you gave her some genuine nice attention, she wouldn't be so annoying." Cheonsa said. Sunghoon furrowed his eyebrows.

"She has a crush on me Sa-sa." Sunghoon said. "I know but still. She just wants your validation for once." Cheonsa said. Sunghoon went silent. "Just tell her she did great. Pay attention. Be attentive. It's the bare minimum for anyone." Cheonsa said. "I-" "Do it." Cheonsa said sternly. Sunghoon nodded.

He watched Yunjins performance and for the first time, he saw how much she had improved. Elegance. Yunjin looked at Sunghoon and braced herself. "How'd I do Mr. Park?" She asked, with less enthusiasm than she would usually have.

"You did great." Sunghoon smiled, clapping his hands together. "You've improved so much, it's like it comes naturally to you almost." Yunjin stared at him for a moment. "You're going to nail your performance, 100%." Sunghoon added.

Yunjin felt tears sting her eyes. "...Thank you, Mr. Park." She said softly. Sunghoon nodded. Cheonsa smiled a bit and Yunjin noticed.

Cheonsa was about to leave when Yunjin caught up with her. "Cheonsa!" She yelled. "Sorry for whatever I did-" Cheonsa defended immediately, but she was cut off by a hug.

She was taken aback, but she hugged back.

"I don't know what you said to Mr. Park," she started, "But he's been so nice to me today... I saw you talk to him about it. Thank you so much." She said. Cheonsa smiled, "you're welcome."

[I got this scene idea from the movie scene in "Backstreet Rookie" it's on Netflix!]
Disclaimer: I don't ship Niki and Eunchae. It's just the storyline. Don't bite me.

Niki laughed as he ate his popcorn. "This was a good movie choice." He said, "Is your arm tired?" Eunchae shook her head as she held Niki's IV bag. "You sure?" He asked. "Niki, I'm sure." Eunchae reassured. Niki nodded and went back to watching the movie.

Eunchae looked at Niki with pure care.

Niki looked at her, "What?" "Has anyone ever told you how amazing you are?" Eunchae asked. "Besides my parents and Cheon', no. Why?" Niki asked. "I think you're so brave, Niki. And very strong." Eunchae said. Niki stopped chewing.

"Nah nah nah." Niki said. "Brave? More like reckless? Strong? More like lucky." He chuckled. "We're our worst critics." Eunchae said, looking back at the movie. Niki tilted his head.

"You're very strong too." Niki said. "What makes you say that?" Eunchae asked. "You've been holding the IV in the air for a whole 35 minutes. I'm impressed." Niki said. Eunchae chuckled, "I can hold it as long as you need me too." Niki smiled a bit.