Chapter 2

Chapter 2

~John Luke's P.O.V.~

I groggily rubbed my eyes as my mom woke me up.

She shook me and said "John Luke come on you gotta go next door pickup Kate and take her down to the warehouse."

I groggily asked "Why?"

She sighed and rolled her eyes "Because your daddy wants you to drive her so Jack doesn’t have to."

I groaned and rolled out of bed. I walked over to my closet got dressed, then walked into my bathroom brushed my teeth and washed my face then walked down stairs. I grabbed my truck keys and walked out to my truck. I climbed in started it up and pulled out of my driveway.  I pulled up in front of the Myers' house, turned off the truck, and hopped out. I walked up to their front door and rung the doorbell Kate opened it, turned around and yelled "MOM I'M LEAVING! I'LL BE BACK LATER!"

She honestly looked beautiful. Her hair was in a braid, she was wearing a lacy shirt and dark skinny jeans and flip flops. I just can't get over how pretty she is. Wait what am I talking about I have Emily. We both got in the truck and drove down to the warehouse.

~Kate's P.O.V.~

            John Luke picked me up and drove me down to the warehouse. John Luke led me to Willies office where I'm having the interview. I walked in and Willie stood up shook my hand and said "Hey Kate nice to see you. Please sit."

I sat down in a chair that was scooted up to the desk and we started the interview.

Q: Full name?

A: Katherine Marie Martins-Myers

Q: Age?

A: 17

Q: Are you ok with 9am to 6pm work hours Monday-Friday and the occasional Saturday ?"

A: Yep! That’s great

He smiled and said "Great! Congratulations Kate you've got a job at Duck Commander! Can you start right now?"

I grinned "Yea of course but I don’t really have a ride home."

He said "Don’t worry about it. John Luke is working here this summer too! He'll give you a ride when he gets off work."

I just nodded and he led m to my desk which was right by the front door. I set to work organizing papers and filing them alphabetically. The phone rang and I answered "Hello, this is Duck Commander Kate speaking."

"Hi this is Joan at the L. L. Bean at Birmingham Mall I'd like to order a new shipment of duck calls."

"Alrighty" I pulled up the Birmingham Mall L.L. Bean file on my computer "do you want the usual amount of duck calls?'

"Yes."

"Ok I will place your order right away."

"Thank you"

I hung up the phone and logged in the order to their bill. I noticed that they had yet to pay for their last shipment. I walked down to Willie's office and knocked on the heavy oak door and walked in when I heard him yell " Come in."

I walked in and said "Hey Willie, we just got an order for duck calls and they havent paid for their last shipment yet what should I do?"

He sighed rubbed his eyes and said "Call 'em back tell them we need their bill paid before we can send the shipment."

I nodded and walked back to my desk and called the L.L. Bean back

They answered "Hello this is L.L. Bean Birmingham Alabama."