Part 4: No Rest for the Witches

after about an hour of watching the movie, you notice eda's hand starting to creep towards your waist, but you dont say anything. 

"want me to make some pop-spores?" (a/n: like popcorn but spores lol) eda asks, her hand leaving your waist and landing on your knee. 

all you can do is nod since you feel too shy to say anything. eda yawns then walks away to go make some pop-spores. 

you sit there, thinking about some things. your cheeks are flushed and you try and process what eda had been doing. 

it wasnt much-- just a small act, but it made you feel more than anything youve ever felt before...

eda then comes back with the pop-spores and y'all start the movie again and eat them. after a few seconds of contemplating, you gently rest your head on her shoulder. 

eda smirks and looks down at you but you dont notice. she looks back up at the movie and thinks about what she might wanna do with the rest of the night...

"hey, eda... im getting a little tired." you say with a yawn, your eyes starting to feel a bit heavier.

she smirks and nods. "okay then. ya wanna take the room next to luz's or.. ya wanna stay in my room~?" she asks, giving you a mischievous smirk that told you all you needed to know.

you blush a lot. "uhm... i-i think i'll take the room next to luz's..." you say shyly, not really knowing if you're ready for all that yet.

she shrugs. "'kay. if ya need me, i'll be in my room~" she says, getting up and starting to walk up the stairs. once she's at the top, she turns her head back around and gives you one last look over. 

you blush and as soon as she's out of ear-shot, you scream into a pillow. you breath deeply, not knowing how you're feeling about this.

thoughts of- "what was i thinking?" "should i have slept in her room??" "why am i so stupid???" -were running through your mind and you couldnt push them out. 

you groan from embarrassment and drag yourself up the stairs and to the room next to luz's.

the room likes.. pretty nice. its plain, aside from some weird knick-knacks and something called a... glue-stick? it looked kinda tasty but you resisted, not knowing what its made out of.

 "probably some weird human junk luz brought.", you think with a shrug.

you look over at the bed and plop down on it with a sigh, the comfy feeling of the bed being better than any bed youve ever laid on. 

you yawn and smile, rolling over and looking out the window, seeing the boiling sea and the tall, orange trees. the beauty of it all reminds you of a certain someone... but you push that thought out.

after a while of not being able to sleep because of how much you're thinking about eda, you think about maybe joining her in her room... but you shake your head and just keep trying to sleep. 

after even more time of trying desperately to go to sleep even though you were so tired earlier, you sit up and decide to just go get a glass of water. 

you quietly walk down the steps and go into the dark, almost pitch-black kitchen. you sigh and sit down, chugging down a quick glass of water. you jump when you suddenly feel someone's hand touch your shoulder.

"what the-?!" you yell, hitting the person out of instinct.

"ugh! what was that for, y/n?! jeez, i was just tryna give ya a little scare..." she says with a small smirk, her hand on her cheek where you hit her. 

"oh! i-im so sorry, eda... i didnt know it was you.." you say, embarrassed and feeling a little bad.

she sighs and sits down in front of you. "nah, its all good. ya cant sleep?" she asks, dark circles under her eyes.

"no. n-not really. i just, uh.. i just keep having bad dreams..." you say as an excuse, not wanting eda to ask anymore questions.

"aww, sorry, cutie. i get those a lot too." she says, ruffling your hair a bit. you cant see her but you can tell how close she is to you from where her voice is coming from. 

you're just glad she cant see your blush. 

"hey... do ya mind helping me out at the market tomorrow? i'll need an extra set of hands." she says, pulling her hand away from your hair and gently placing it on yours. 

you blush more. "o-oh, uh, sure. i can help." you say shyly, smiling a bit.

she smirks. "good. 'night, cutie~" she says in a teasing tone, giving you a pat on the lower back as she walks back upstairs and into her room.

you sigh and blush, still not being able to get her outta your head, especially with what she just did...

to be continued...