1

Jennie Kim and Lisa Manoban had been inseparable since the moment they first met as children, their bond forging almost instantly despite the differences in their families and backgrounds. Growing up just a few blocks apart in the big, conservative city of Seoul, the two girls were practically joined at the hip, their laughter and carefree play echoing through the quiet, tree-lined streets.

From an early age, Jennie and Lisa possessed an intuitive understanding of each other that went beyond the typical friendship. They seemed to communicate without words, sharing a deep emotional connection that their peers often marveled at. Whether they were exploring the nearby woods, playing dress-up in Lisa's room, or simply sitting together in comfortable silence, the girls exuded a sense of harmony and belonging that was palpable to anyone who witnessed it.

As they grew older, that bond only deepened. Navigating the treacherous waters of adolescence together, Jennie and Lisa found solace in each other's unwavering support and acceptance. While their classmates became increasingly self-conscious and guarded, the two girls maintained an effortless openness and vulnerability in their interactions, unafraid to share their dreams, fears, and innermost thoughts.

Yet, as the years passed, Jennie and Lisa began to notice subtle shifts in the nature of their relationship. The innocent, platonic affection they had always shared gradually evolved into something more profound - a deep, undeniable attraction that sparked to life between them. The casual brushes of skin, the lingering gazes, the butterflies that erupted in their stomachs whenever they were together; it all pointed to the blossoming of feelings that transcended the boundaries of friendship.

At first, the girls were terrified to acknowledge what was happening, certain that their newfound desires were somehow wrong or unnatural. They had grown up in a town where anything remotely outside the traditional mold of family and relationships was met with scorn and judgment, and the prospect of being ostracized by their peers and loved ones filled them with paralyzing fear.

Yet, as much as they tried to suppress their emotions, Jennie and Lisa found themselves irresistibly drawn to each other. The more they fought against the pull, the stronger it became, until they could no longer ignore the truth that had taken root in their hearts. They were in love, and denying it was causing them more pain than the thought of facing the consequences.

One warm summer evening, as they sat together on the swing set in Lisa's backyard, watching the sunset paint the sky in vibrant hues of orange and pink, the girls finally allowed themselves to surrender to the feelings they had been holding back. Tentatively, Jennie reached out and took Lisa's hand in her own, intertwining their fingers as she gazed deeply into her best friend's eyes.

"Lisa," she whispered, her voice trembling with a mix of fear and exhilaration. "I... I think I'm in love with you."

Lisa's breath caught in her throat, her heart racing as she processed Jennie's confession. For a long, agonizing moment, she was silent, her eyes searching Lisa's face for any hint of doubt or regret. But all she saw was a raw vulnerability and an unwavering certainty that mirrored her own.

Slowly, Lisa lifted her free hand to Jennie's cheek, tenderly caressing the soft skin as a small, breathless laugh escaped her lips.

"I know," she murmured, a shy smile spreading across her face. "I've been in love with you for a while now."

The girls sat there, in that quiet, intimate moment, their hearts swelling with a mixture of joy, relief, and trepidation. They knew that what they were feeling was forbidden, that the world they lived in would never understand or accept the depth of their connection. But in that fleeting instant, as their lips met in a tender, hesitant kiss, none of that seemed to matter. All that mattered was the electrifying sensation of finally, truly, being with the person they loved most.

When they finally pulled apart, both girls were flushed and breathless, their eyes shining with unshed tears. They knew that their lives would never be the same after this moment, that the road ahead would be fraught with challenges and hardships that they couldn't even begin to imagine. But in each other's arms, they felt a sense of belonging and safety that they had never known before.

As the last traces of sunlight faded from the sky, Jennie and Lisa held each other close, quietly acknowledging the profound shift that had just occurred in their relationship. They were no longer just best friends - they were two young women in love, determined to navigate the treacherous waters of their forbidden romance, no matter the cost.

The future was uncertain, but in that moment, they knew that as long as they had each other, they could face anything that came their way.

______________________________________
Hi everyone!!
Hope you like this book!!
Please vote 🥺