00

𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 
( irl )

﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋

( irl )

﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋
it was may 16th, yesterday was scarlett's 17th birthday and it was no more special than her 16th. she spent the day with her friends vloging for her youtube channel. the only "special" thing was when she realized chris had completely forgotten. she woke up to birthday texts from all of her friends except chris, she assumed he was still asleep, as he usually was. she had did her hair, make up and picked out a cute outfit to wear excited to spend her 17th birthday with all her friends

"brynn?" scarlett asked opening her sisters bedroom door. "you ready to go to the sturniolos house?"

"hmm? oh, yeah almost." her sister answered, she was sitting at her vanity doing her makeup. scarlett sat on her bed to wait. "happy birthday."

"thanks, brynn." scarlett replied. even though because she had a large following on social media she got thousands of people posting for her, it felt as if it was just her and her friends like it had been since they were little. brynn finished and the girls said a quick goodbye to their mother before leaving. scarlett could now legally drive her friends around, though she already had been for months, and she promised cassidy she would pick her up today.

the three girls stood outside the triplets house waiting for someone to answer the door. quickly enough the triplets mother, mary loudly, answers the door. "hi girls! the boys are in the living room." she told them. they all told her thank you and stepped into the house, as they started towards the living room, mary loudly added, "happy birthday, scarlett!" she smiled and said thank you.

"we're here!!" cassidy announces as she enters the living room.

"great," chris rolls his eyes jokingly.

"oh, c'mon chris you love us!!" she tells him sitting on one of the chairs.

"there's the birthday girl!!!" nick said, just as scarlett walked in, only moments after the other two.

"thank you, nick!" she said with a quiet laugh.

"how does it feel to be seventeen now, scar?" matt asks as she takes a seat next to him.

"exactly the same as being sixteen." she says with a sigh, "so what are we doing today?"

"GIFTS!" cassidy shouts and pulls a small gift bag out of her bag.

"aww, you didn't have to get me anything!" scarlett said with a corny smile on her face, she couldn't help it though.

"ofc we did, you're our best friend!" nick says grabbing his own gift bag.

it was at this moment chris realized he had completely forgotten scarlett's birthday. he hadn't got her a gift or anything and he felt like crap. he had been busy with his new girl for the past week, she had been taking up all his time. he had the perfect gift in mind too. now he felt terrible as his friends and brothers grabbed their gifts.

nate was the last to give scarlett his gift and the whole group looked at chris. "i..uhh.. i forgot, sorry." chris said as his mouth went dry and he looked down at his feet.

"it's okay, don't worry about it!" scarlett replied with a small smile, the truth was she really only wanted something from him.

"chris, really?" matt whispered to chris rolling his eyes.

"i swear i was gonna go yesterday," chris whispered back. he already felt bad and matt wasn't making it any better.

"sure dude." matt mumbled and turned his attention back to the group.

it was late afternoon when scarlett and brynn got home, scarlet hadn't said anything but brynn knew she was upset. brynn knew more than anything her sister wanted chris to see her, really see her. scarlett went straight to her room, gifts in hands. as soon as she set foot in her room her gifts where on the floor and she was on her bed.

brynn lingered in the kitchen, she went over to where her mother was sitting. "mom, i'm worried bout scarlett."

"why honey? did she not have a good birthday?" her mother put her book down and turned her attention towards brynn.

"it seemed good aside from one thing. chris." brynn told her mother. she knew of her daughter's helpless love for chris, though it wasn't hard to see.

"what did chris do?" the girls mother was also good friends with mary lou, so they had to be care how the worded things.

brynn forgot to be careful though, she was too worried about her sister, "he's such an asshole! he completely forgot it was scarlett's birthday, so no gift. she played it off like it didn't matter but i could see how hurt she was."

"aww." her mother said sympathetically, "poor girl. i know she thinks chris will change though, she's young and in love." she got up and kissed brynn on the head. "just talk to her, i have to run a few errands. also, bring this up to her." she hands her a small box with a pink bow.

"okay mom, bye." brynn smiles and takes the box. "scar? i'm coming in!" brynn opens her sister's bedroom door and sits at the end of her bed. "her, this is from mom."

"thanks." she sits up and takes the small box. she takes the top of the box off to reveal a necklace. it was a small gold chain with a single medium sized pearl in the middle. "could you put it on me?" she asked her sister.

brynn nodded and took it from her. scarlett held up her hair while brynn put the necklace on her. "it looks amazing on you!"

"thanks." then they sat in silence for a few minutes. it was an uncomfortable one though, brynn had to talk to her sister about chris and scarlett knew she was going to.

"so...about earlier.." brynn starts, she takes a deep breath before finishing. "i know you said it was okay and whatever but we both know it wasn't. chris should've got you something. he should have texted you happy birthday. he shouldn't have forgotten."

"i know. i hate myself for loving him. i know i shouldn't and that he's not going to change but i can't help it. i just...i dont know." scarlett said looking down at her bed she couldn't look her sister in the eyes and say what she was about to say. "i'm doing waiting around for him to get his shit together, because he clearly won't be changing for a while." she now looked up at brynn to see her reaction to saying she's done obsessing over chris.

"you're done with him? for real? no more chris?" brynn asked with too much excitement in her voice.

"yes. fuck him. i don't care anymore." scarlett answered feeling relieved to say that. the only problem was the love she felt for chris wasn't going to disappear as fast as she thought.

LIV SPEAKS
hopefully this gives a good idea of before the book takes place but there will definitely be some flashbacks to explain more.
this fic will be updated faster and more atm bc i already have a few prewritten chaps i just have to reread.
thanks for reading 😁