Tangled

⋆⭒˚.⋆

My head was nestled in the crook between Velvet's neck and shoulder, breathing in deep the smell of her skin, which was still slightly salty, but smelled so strongly of her jasmine-scented body wash. I was lying practically on top of her, our bodies intertwined on the couch. We were silent, having been so for about half an hour.

Her fingers were playing with my hair, tracing soothing patterns and wrapping delicately in the strands, over and over. Her other arm was wrapped securely around my body, holding me tight.

After our...encounter...I had quickly gotten dressed and tried to leave, ashamed of how quickly I had caved to her.

Damned Velvet, so addicting.

But, Velvet had grabbed my wrist and pulled me back onto the couch. She said nothing, only holding me close as if afraid I might slip away. I had tried to protest, but there was nothing I could do - in that moment, I didn't want to leave. Despite everything that had happened, I wanted her.

So, I stayed, allowing myself to be pulled back into her arms, my head finding its place against her chest as if it belonged there. And now, as her fingers continued to weave through my hair, I savored the moment, not wanting it to end.

But, even as I relished in the warmth of her embrace, a part of me remained guarded, wary of letting my defenses down completely. I hadn't forgiven her, not yet. Hell, I didn't even know if I believed her. I was scared that voicing my thoughts would break this bubble, and I would have to leave and face reality.

I could tell Velvet was going to speak before she did – her heart rate suddenly shot up and her breath hitched. I tensed in anticipation before Velvet let out a long sigh and broke the silence. "I, uh...the reason I brought you here–"

"You mean arranged for my kidnapping."

She cleared her throat, clearly uncomfortable. "Yeah, that. Look, I've been working with Ritz and Veneer, and I think we might have some proof that someone made up some of those audio files."

I gave her a skeptical look. "Made up? Really, Vels?"

"I know it's unbelievable, but I promise that I only said those awful things before I knew I loved you."

That caught me off guard, yet again. I wasn't used to this side of her – the begging, groveling type. And clearly, she wasn't either. Her heartbeat was going ninety miles a minute, and I could see her eyes shifting. She wouldn't be acting like this, so nervous, unless there was some semblance of truth in what she was saying.

Besides, what's the harm in hearing her out? I want her to be telling the truth so badly.

Still, I wasn't ready to forgive her just yet. Kidnapping me to force me to listen? Sneaking into my dressing room to apologize?

Wait, was I really mad about that? It's honestly kind of endearing knowing how far she'd go for me...

Wait, that's toxic.

Doesn't make it any less attractive.

Velvet shifted beneath me, and I propped myself up on my hands, still on top of her but hovering. "Don't think that just because we had angry sex and cuddled I completely forgive you – especially for the kidnapping. But...I'll hear you out. Go ahead and call Veneer and tell him and his boyfriend to come over. I'll call Hazel and let her know I'm alright."

Velvet smiled softly. "Thank you."

I leaned forward and pressed a quick kiss to her forehead, much to her surprise, and then got off of her to sit beside her. Velvet sat up as well and pulled her phone out to call Veneer, who I could hear whopping with joy over the phone when Velvet told him I was here.