Under his wing: chapter 3

Days turned into weeks, and Will slowly began to adjust to life among Negan and the Saviors. He found safety in their numbers, and the camaraderie among the group offered a sense of belonging he had longed for.

Negan, always the charismatic leader, had taken Will under his wing, treating him with a kind of paternal care that Will had never experienced before. 

But despite the warm welcome he received from Negan and his fellow Saviors, the scars of his traumatic past continued to haunt Will. Nightmares often plagued his sleep, and he would wake up in a cold sweat, the echoes of his tormentors' voices ringing in his ears.

The fear of being discovered as a demon weighed heavily on his conscience, and he kept his true nature hidden, fearing that revealing it would lead to rejection or worse. He knew that revealing his true nature could lead to chaos and mistrust among the Saviors, and he couldn't bear the thought of losing the only semblance of family he had found since the apocalypse.

Negan, with his larger-than-life personality and paternal care for Will, became a pillar of support. He had an uncanny ability to sense when Will needed a comforting word or a reassuring presence. Negan made sure Will had a comfortable place to sleep, enough food to eat, and even tried to include him in the group's card games, a simple pastime that the Saviors enjoyed to unwind from the harsh realities of their world. However, Will rarely joined in, still plagued by his own demons and unable to fully trust even the newfound friends who had shown him kindness.

As time passed, the bond between Will and the Saviors grew stronger, but the secrets of his past and his true identity as a demon continued to cast a long shadow over his newfound sense of belonging. Will knew that one day, the truth would surface, and he could only hope that the friendships he had formed would be strong enough to withstand the revelation.