Minatozaki Sana

Introduction

Minatozaki Sana •

Minatozaki Sana gingerly stepped out of her father's SUV onto the drive below and stared up at her new five thousand, seven hundred and twenty six square foot single family home. She had traveled all the way with her father, Mr. Minatozaki, from Osaka where she had been born and raised to the new city of Lima where they would be living from now on. Mr. Minatozaki had recently inherited his father's garage in the center of town after he had passed away a month ago and was set to reopen the joint once they had moved and settled into their new house.

Normally, the Minatozakis wouldn't have been able to afford such a beautiful place, which stood proudly in front of them in all its glory, but considering Minatozaki Tire and Lube had been rather lucrative in the past, coupled with Sana's grandfather having been extremely generous with his will, they had been given the chance to live in a good looking house rather than a large apartment in the capital.

415 Whitman Avenue resembled, from the outside, like the traditional American two story house with its highly symmetrical white walls, multi-paned windows evenly balanced on either side of the central door with a grey tiled roof and liver shaped swimming pool in the backyard.

It boasted five bedrooms, six bathrooms and what he assumed to have been bought much to his horror for one million, two hundred and fifty thousand dollars.

She had questioned if Mr. Minatozaki had gone a little overboard with the spending, after Sana had taken it upon herself to curiously research into the property's features and financial worth, but she'd only been dismissed once her father had claimed that the house had in fact not been purchased, but had been rather deemed to them in the will.

Didn't know grandpa was this loaded, thought Sana as she opened the white picket fence gate at the front and made her way to the navy blue front door via the brick path, which seemed to slightly weave itself through the front lawn. Didn't know her grandfather also was this conservative when it came to the good old architecture.

"Okay Sana you can give yourself a little tour if you want," offered her father as he unlocked the front door to reveal the foyer. Sana's eyes were peeled open as she took in every single detail and as she wondered further into the entrance hall, Mr. Minatozaki shut the door behind them.

"I used to come here sometimes when I was a kid so I know the place pretty well. As well as the bedrooms and bathrooms there will be the living room, dining room, kitchen, study, recreation room, basement which is also funnily enough one of the bedrooms and bathrooms so you might want to check that out, there will be several closets and rest rooms scattered around the place and... I feel like I've forgotten something... what have I left out... oh yeah, the utility room and studio are both on the first floor."

"Alright... well I'll explore the place and find out where everything is," muttered Sana, her voice trailing away as she began to wonder about the house, her father chuckling as he made his way back to the car to collect the luggage they had brought with them. However as Sana whipped around as her father left the house, she called after him.

"But if you need help you can call me and I can lend a hand unless I get lost in this maze of a house we have here."

"How about I start bringing my belongings and then you start bringing in yours later?" suggested Mr. Minatozaki , laughing aloud at Sana's comment concerning the sheer size of the house.

It was definitely a change from the large flat they had had in Osaka and it would take some time getting used to actually living also in another country that was foreign to his daughter considering Sana had never visited the place. "It'll give you more time to check the place out and all."