Chapter 16

It wasn't the sunrise that greeted me this morning. But instead, rain pounded on the window and light flashed alongside the roar of thunder. As I ate breakfast next to Piccolo a particularly aggressive roar of thunder caught me off guard.

"Jeez, it's really going crazy out there," I watched the trees and plants bend in the wind, "Don't think training is happening today."

"Not with this storm. How long is it supposed to last," Piccolo asked. I generally knew what the weather would be, but it wasn't always perfect.

"Hmm, at it's current strength? Until tomorrow, then it'll calm down. But still lots of rain with pretty occasional lightning for a few more days."

He leaned his head into his hand, the elbow resting on the counter. He also tapped the index finger of his other hand on the counter, preemptively bored. It honestly seems rough to seemingly need so much physical activity. I guess a perk of being an artist is I have something to do. Though it was a perfect day for artistic consumption.

I nodded to myself in the affirmative, I was going to watch pretty animes to feed my brain. Piccolo watched at me as I cleaned up my dishes.

"Did Earth say something to you?"

"Huh?"

"You nodded out of nowhere."

"Oh, I just decided what I'm gonna do with the day. I've been meaning to take a day to consume visual art, like movies. And well, today felt perfect."

He just made a small noise to let me know he listened, but didn't actually answer. He continued to watch me as I finished in the kitchen. I stood there staring back at him when I was done.

"Yes?"

He tensed and his eyes widened for a second, then looked away. I blinked at him.

"Do you want to join me? Cause you're totally free to."

He still didn't answer me. I assumed he was still trying to decide, he always stays silent until he has an answer. I left him to ponder while I got the TV ready and grab my sketchbook and tablet.When I came out of my studio I found him sitting on the couch across from the TV. Seems like he's decided. I sat on the other side of the couch where I put my stuff on a little table. I pressed play on the show I had set up and settled in, with the added ambiance of the storm.

It didn't take long for me to go from sitting like a normal person to sitting with my back to the arm of the couch and legs on the couch. I had my knees bent to prop up my sketchbook. There was space for another person between us but now my feet occupied that space. Piccolo was sitting like a normal person, his arms crossed. Suddenly I heard him grumble.

"You good," I asked, straightening my legs, but not enough to touch him.

"Just Nail," he groaned. I kinda forgot about him, so I connected our telepathy.

"Hey Nail," I greeted him.