𝟬𝟭. 𝗝𝗨𝗦𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗘𝗚𝗜𝗡𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚

DISCLAIMER: songs in this story have actual artists. I'm not trying to steal their work and the songs I use fit the situation or I will alter it for the situation. For now the credit to the songs used in chapter 1 go to Olivia Rodrigo and Stephen Sanchez (his song but from a girls pov)

                               𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 1

Violet Everheart moved from L.A, California to Boston, Massachusetts with her Dad. Her mom had passed when she was only 10. They moved because her Dad had gotten a better job in Boston. Violet had always had a passion for music though. It helped her through everything in her life. Ever since she was 2, she wanted to be a singer/songwriter. She made the dream come true at only 17 years old. Her most popular song is "Love is embarrassing". It's just about her opinion on love and why she thinks it's embarrassing. She started going to a new college. Lots of students knew her and loved her from her music but they know to not overwhelm her. Her friend, Eleanor Parker, also known as Ellie, has been there since day 1. Nick is also friends with Ellie and Violet. Matt has a little crush on her but is too scared to admit to her since she's personally not into love. Present time: she's been at this new school for a few years. Matt still hasn't admitted to being in love. And she's still never been into love. Ellie tried to convince her to date someone at least but she still refuses.
----------------------------------------------------

Violet was at home, playing her guitar when she suddenly gets a phone call from Ellie. She picks up.

"Ellie, what the fuck do you want?" She asked

"I think Matt's into you, Vi. Please just give him a chance!" Ellie pleads.

"Ellie, I told you I don't wanna date, but he is kinda cute..." She trails off

"Vi, you're yapping about matt again! Your in love!!"

"What?! No, I'm not in love, that's just embarrassing!!"

"Mhm, yeah, whatever, anyways see you to as school! Bye, love ya!!"

"Love you too".

They hang up the call and she went back to playing guitar. She was working on a new song to release since it been about a year since her album. She couldn't help but to think of Matt, which of course didn't help at all. But she thought, " I've been writing break up songs my whole career. Why not switch it up...". So she writes "Until I found you"...

The next day at school, she does everything as usual. She finishes all her work from each class. Everyone's talks about how her and Matt would be a good couple because of their personalities, but yet how the contrast from each other. She just ignores it. For some reason that day, her anxiety was through the goddamn roof. She felt so uncomfortable and anxious. She ended up going to the locker room and tried to calm herself down before her next class but just ends up crying. Until she hears a knock of the door.

"Hello?" A male voice echos through the room. "Anyone in here?" The voice says again.

She sniffles and quickly fixes herself  "Oh yeah, uh sorry." Her face was red and tear-stained. The male knew she'd been crying. After a few seconds of looking at the male, she quickly realized who it was.

"You good? Do you need a hug?" Matt said. It was Matt. Of course it was.

She really needed a hug so she just nods and he holds her in a soft, warm embrace. She felt butterflies flutter through her body. Like he had an electric touch. She normally did like hugs but his was different. She found it... comforting. They stay like that for a few minutes, until eventually pulling away.

"Look, here's my number if you need anything, Violet." He smiles softly.

"Thanks, Matt...just thank you." She returns a small smile.

He walks out of the locker room, leaving her there by herself. In case she just wanted to be alone for a few more minutes to gather herself fully. After school, she went home, talked to her producer about her song, and all that stuff. She finds herself wishing she was with Matt again because he made her feel something she never felt. But she still thought love was just so gross. Ever since she moved, Matt has just caught her eye. Ellie and Nick keep trying to convince her to date Matt but she just won't. She was too afraid to date anyone  since her last relationship, which was 3 years ago, was very toxic, abusive, and unhealthy for a girl like Violet. Violet was a soft and sensitive girl, and was just too afraid to speak up about anything, if she needed help or especially when she's in love. But she saw Matt from a different point of view...