twenty-five: time

"Taehyun!! Beomgyu!!" Kai calls out in the crowd.

The moment everyone heard the gunshot, they all evacuated from the Grand Hall, shielding underneath the extended roof. Kai notices that Taehyun and Beomgyu were gone and when he told Soobin, the two immediately panicked and ran out, wandering their eyes in the crowd, searching for them.

"Beomgyu!!"

Kai looks up to the direction of Mrs Choi's voice and when he spots her, he follows the direction of her enlarged eyes and looks forward.

"S-Soobin-hyung..." Kai mutters with a frantic tone while pulling on the taller's sleeve.

Soobin follows Kai's eyes and his instantly widens.

Kai's eyes spot Beomgyu's figure as the brunette, who's extremely soaked trudged forwards out from the darkness of the pouring night that's casted by the storm, followed by the grumble of thunder.

He was holding something close to his chest and Kai could recognise the satin goldfish-beige tuxedo anywhere as the moonlight illuminates onto the satin through the heavy clouds.

A single, pale and limp arm falls. Frail and with no sign of redness as they dangle in the air.

Kai's eyes follow down to the noticeable and unmissable growing red patch seeping and trickling from his best friend's chest.

"Taehyun..." Kai mutters as he looks at Beomgyu's expression.

He's broken.

Even in the rain, anyone could see how red his face was, how swollen his eyes were and he still had tears streaming down his cheeks, mixed with the droplets of rain soaking his skin. He held Taehyun close to his chest as the ambulance arrive, his eyes won't peel away from the love of his life.

Beomgyu was reluctant, but as he laid Taehyun's body on the stretcher, his hands covered with the blood of his boyfriend remains smeared and they tremble in fear.

Beomgyu slumps onto the ground on his knees as he eyes Taehyun being taken away.

+×+

Beomgyu arrives at the hospital and before his mind could process, he finds his legs instinctively move as they run into the building. He makes way to the operation room where Taehyun's brought in and Beomgyu slumps onto the bench outside, his entire body still soaked wet from the rain and tears spilling out uncontrollably.

"Beomgyu-" Sir Choi calls out.

Beomgyu peers up through his lashes and glares at the sight of his mom and dad.

"How could you?" Beomgyu asks with a vengeful tone. "YOU HIRED HIM AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED!!" Beomgyu shouts.

"Beomgyu, please..." Mrs Choi grabs hold onto her son's arm which Beomgyu shakes off immediately.

"I've told you countless times I didn't want any guards. But you just had to hire one anyways. Don't you know any respect for my privacy??" Beomgyu asks.

"It was serious this time. We had to get you security. Look what happened tonight-"

"THAT BULLET WAS FOR ME AND NOT TAEHYUN!! I RATHER GET SHOT THAN IT'D BE TAEHYUN-"

"CHOI BEOMGYU!" His mom raises her voice. "Don't you dare say that!! Your life matters."

"My life matters??" Beomgyu asks sarcastically. "How does it matter when I have to wait for Taehyun to go through hell in that operation room?? Why does it matter when he has to suffer the bullet that's supposed to be for me??!!"

The ward falls silent and Beomgyu notices the number of eyes and whispers surrounding him and his family. He clicks his tongue.

"I can't do this. I can't look at you two right now. Not when Taehyun's fighting for his life in there." Beomgyu says and he sits back down onto the bench, eyes onto the ground as he waits.