Only part

"Hi dad!" I say to him. "Where are we going?" "We are going to my doctor's appointment." He starts, "Parí?"he asks, "yes?" "Are you okay with going?" I nod, "okay."he says. "Let's get into the car."I got into the car with my dad. We start heading to his doctor visit. I start humming a toon. We are very close when suddenly, a car drifts in front of us. He can't turn fast enough and we crash.

I woke up in the hospital. I saw my friend, Mira. She's 16 while I'm 15. I was about to as f to k why I'm there but I couldn't. What? Why can't I talk? Mira looks at me smiling. "Hi Parí!" I try to speak but I can't. What's that rough feeling on my mouth? I touch my mouth only to feel a rough bandage instead. "Don't touch that." Mira said. "The nurse advised me to take care of you for a while. That bandage is easily broken until they can get better materials." I'm confused. What happened? "The nurse said that you probably lost half your memory." What?!?

Why is Mira here? Where is my dad? Is he dead? The nurse walks in. "Oh!" She says, "you're awake!" I'm just sitting there. "You should be able to leave! We will just give Mira some of the medication you need and some bandages if you need more." Mira nods. I nod too. I get up to leave as Mira grabs the medication, "thanks!" She says. We leave. "We are going to my house. Your house is wrecked from what I know of." Huh? This is getting weird.

We get to her house. "You will be taking the guest bedroom." I nod and start heading there. I get in the bed. It's comfy! I start to dose off, but I wake up before I do. Mira walks in. "Parí?" I tilt my head, "I'm going to give you medication. Do you think you can take off your bandages?" I nod. She hands me the medication and leaves. I go to the mirror and take off the bandages. There it is. My mouth, or what was. It is scratched up, bleeding. I check the bandage, it's covered in blood. I'm disgusted. I just take the medicine and put it back on.

Mira finds me, "did you take it?" She asks. I nod. She takes the pills. "Okay. The bandage is covered in blood, you might want to change it." I nod my head again as I go into the bathroom again. I'm still a little traumatized from the first time. I close my eyes as I take off the bandages. I put on the new one. I'm scarred for life. I walk out throwing out the old bandage shaking. I just fall asleep hoping this is all a dream.

I wake up. About to call for my dad, I realize I still can't talk. The bandage is still there. I start groaning in my head. I hate this. I want to cry. But every time I start to try, pain. Pain in my entire body. My arms, my legs, my chest, my face, everything. I start crying. I don't care how much pain I'm in. I don't care how much I will hate myself after this. Mira see me. At this point, I'm under the blankets crying to myself. "I'm leaving." Mira says, "I'm going to be gone for an hour. I'm going grocery shopping." She closes the front door.

I'm wanting to scream. I feel the pain again. I feel my mouth bleeding again. Why. WHY? If that guy didn't swerve in front of us, I would probably be home now. I realize I haven't eaten. I get up to check the fridge. It has cheese. Just cheese? Food is food. I eat it. I see the pills on the counter. I check the label: Tramadol. What is that? I put it back. I step in... something wet? I check the ground. It's red. Blood. I see there's a trail of it. I clean it up. Takes about 30 minutes, scrubbing. I go to the sink, there's no bandage. I see that the blood is just coming out of my mouth, not the cuts.

Mira knocks on the door. I don't answer, I'm trying to find the bandages. She knocks harder, I still don't answer. She opens the door with a thud. She sees me trying to find bandages. "I have them you know." She says. I turn frightened. She sees I don't have it on. "Where is it?" I shrug my shoulders. "Come on." She says in a harsh tone, "how?" I stare at her. I realize I can move my mouth but can't talk still because I was trying to tell her. "Oh yeah..." she says. "I'm going to put on the bandage this time." She starts tying it around my head. Ouch.