✦Prolouge✦

*implied sexual assault*

The sky looked brighter today, not that you could see the light in the forest where footsteps could be heard echoing. The calmness of the trees calmed the young girl down, however with that calm followed a sense of dread.

The girls mind suddenly became filled with images, the same as usual then new ones.

First came the computer screens lit with blue words and three figures, a blond lady, a dark haired girl and a dark haired boy. The girl saw them in every 'vision' she had. They would always tell her things, things that would help her in this enclosed labyrinth.

Then, she saw a blond boy, a pretty one she added. His face, although blurry, gave her a sense of calmness, like the trees. However, it also gave her a sense of warmth, something the trees didn't give her.

The boy spoke right into her ear, his voice low, "Wait for me." It sounded like. As he spoke, she could make out a few of his features: his dark brown eyes and his blond hair. God, he was gorgeous, she thought.

However, her thoughts were quickly stopped when she was dragged away from this boy, her screams could be heard in the 'vision'. She felt betrayal, why, she had no clue. She was kicking whoever was pulling her from the boy, who was just stood there staring at her. She could see tears in his eyes, atleast he kind of cared.

Gradually, she could see him fade from her view and her vision blurring back into the trees.

She felt herself being held in someone's arms. Slowly opening her eyes, she spoke as she say up, "Alby?"

"Are you alright? I could hear you screaming on the other side." he asked.

"Mhm, just confused. It doesn't matter though," she dismissed, avoiding his eyes. She didn't want Alby to keep talking about the matter, even though she knew it was probably better to get it off her chest.

"Hey, don't close up on me, you know what happened last time." he pointed out. He could remember the tears in her eyes as she described what happened to her. He didn't want that to happen again, swearing to himself.

"No, it's not like him again. I won't ever not tell you something as important as that, ever." she added the last bit quickly for emphasis, standing up to think. "It's just, I saw this boy, I have no clue who he was. Usually, I can remember who they were to me, I've got nothing this time." She spoke animatedly, like she was knowlegded on this sort of thing. "He just said 'Wait for me'."

"That could mean a lot of things," Alby replied.

"Ye-" She was cut off by the feeling of rumbling beneath them.

"Come on, new greenie," He held his hand out for her to grab and the two walked to the box together. They saw everyone stood around it, waiting for it to come up. Then, a loud bang echoed through the area as the box came to a stop.

Below, stood a scared blond boy. The same one from her vision. Alby saw her eyes widen and confusion covering her face. "What?" he asked.

"That's him, the one I s-saw." her words stumbled out. She didn't know what to think.

Alby smirked, finding the situation amusing, "Looks like you're meant to be."

She punched his shoulder scoffing, "Shut up."

The boy was dragged out and thrown on the floor, the rest surrounding him. He shoved whatever was closest to him and pulled himself to stand. The boy around him made noises, saying "Ooh, greenie has some guts."

The girl has enough of their torment, "Alright, everyone leave, back to work." She shooed everyone away from the boy, everyone except Alby.

The girl narrowed her eyes at the boy, inspecting him. The boy looked scared; lost."Hey, it's alright. Do you remember anything?"

She didn't want to be too nice, that boy betrayed her; left her.

"N-no, no," he said slowly. "My name is, it's Newt."

"Newt, that's something. At least you remember that." her voice silvery. Newt felt a sense of normality when he listened to her speak, a sense of deja vu aswell. He can't have met her before, he thought. "Come on, we'll show you around the place."