Inner peace

Nothing external to you has any power over you

     "Trying to find my inner peace", Lytharial answered, looking away. 

Legolas narrowed his eyes, a hint of frustration evident in his voice. 

     "Finding your inner peace," he repeated, his tone laced with skepticism. "Is that what you call it?"

Lytharial hesitated, feeling the weight of his disappointment. 

     "I thought I could use some time to clear my thoughts," she admitted, her voice tinged with regret. 

Legolas's expression softened slightly, but his resolve remained firm. 

     "Conversations can wait," he reiterated, his tone firm. "You know better than to disregard my orders, especially when there's training scheduled."

     "I'm sorry," Lytharial replied, her contrition evident. "I lost track of time."

Legolas sighed, running a hand through his hair in frustration. 

     "We have work to do," he reminded her, his tone softening just a fraction. "I need you to focus."

Lytharial nodded, chastened. 

     "I understand," she said quietly, feeling a pang of guilt for her lapse in judgment.

As they approached the training hall, Legolas turned to Lytharial with a commanding gaze. 

     "Wait here," he instructed firmly. "I need to fetch some weapons."

Lytharial nodded obediently, her expression a mix of anticipation and trepidation. She watched as he strode purposefully towards the armory, his every movement exuding strength and confidence.

Legolas's eyes flashed with a cold intensity as Alerion passed by. Without a word, he grabbed Alerion by the collar, his grip firm and commanding.

     "What are you doing here?" Legolas demanded, his voice low and dangerous.

Alerion's gaze met Legolas's, his expression defiant but tinged with a hint of amusement.

     "Just passing through," he replied, his voice smooth and confident.

Legolas's grip tightened, his jaw clenched with suppressed anger. 

     "Stay away from Lytharial!" he warned, his voice a low growl.

Alerion raised an eyebrow, his smirk widening. 

     "Why should I listen to you?" he countered, his tone challenging.

     "Because if you don't, you'll regret it," Legolas shot back, his voice dripping with authority.

Alerion's smirk faltered slightly, but he quickly recovered, his eyes sparking with defiance. 

     "I don't take orders from you," he retorted, his voice defiant.

Legolas's grip tightened even further, his gaze piercing. 

     "You should," he said, his voice a menacing whisper. "For your own sake."

With that, he released Alerion's collar, his gaze never leaving him as he walked away, leaving Alerion to contemplate his warning.

Legolas huffed, his chest tight with a mix of frustration and jealousy. As he strode towards the armory, his mind replayed snippets of the conversation he had overheard between Lytharial and Alerion in the library.