Swing and Miss

After how yesterday night ended, you couldn't help but feel a surge of happiness, excitement, and felt like you were practically glowing. There was nothing that filled your mind that wasn't the one and only Kyle. Throughout your entire school day, you felt the need to be glued to Kyle's side, and he seemed to not be bothered by it at all. Rather, he invited you to be by him, would hold you close, and have an arm wrapped around you as you both walked together to your classes, or when you sat at the lunch table together he'd have his arm around your waist holding you close to him. 

Clyde was amongst one of the first to notice that you and Kyle were inseparable today, how he had his hands on you constantly, and you just seemed happier with his presence. Eye daggers were thrown at him, but he couldn't help that he was also still trying to get back with Bebe as well, so it wasn't too heartbreaking on him. 

However, although you were close to Kyle more than ever today, the rest of the cheer squad had been distant from the baseball team. Anger, and jealousy had burned through the cheer squads' veins. Not only upset that Tolkien, had cheated on Wendy that night, but the fact that their baseball team that they cheered for, so easily gave in to the North Park Cheer Squad. It was almost like a smack in the face to allow them to easily slither their way into the boys' attention. 

There was a baseball game after school today, so immediately after your last period was over, the cheer squad as well as the baseball team had gone over to their respective locker rooms to change into their uniforms where they would play off against the Eaglecrest High School. This would be the first actual game that you'd be able to cheer at, so your nerves were honestly kinda' shot, but you knew you'd give it your best. 

After the cheer squad had gotten into their uniforms, and grabbed their pompoms, Wendy had huddled the girls in a circle before they left the locker room. "Girls, we are not going to let our boys treat us this way." Her voice rang through the walls, echoing through the locker room. "If they want those North Park Cheerleaders so badly, then they don't need help from us with funding, and motivational cheers." 

"Yeah!" The group of cheerleaders agreed with their cheer captain. You had no idea how to feel about this. Maybe it's because you had made up with Kyle about the whole North Park Cheerleader incident. However, you were going to stick with your cheer sisters on this, and follow in whatever footsteps they took to show your support for their decision. 

"We are going to sit out this game, and prove to them how badly they need us." Wendy stomped her foot in anger, and flipped her hair off her shoulder as she turned towards the double doors of the locker rooms. "No cheers, no pushing merchandise sales. We will just sit there, and watch. Our silence will show them." 

Alright, looks like you guys did not need your pom poms anymore, and just put them back in your guys' lockers. You guys got all dressed and prettied up, but you guessed it was to prove a further point of your squad's presence being there, but not the entire support. As the cheer squad had left the locker rooms and headed to the field, many parents had looked over at the group of girls in their pleated skirts, cropped tops, words 'COWS' in bold letters crossing over their chests. Parents clapped, and cheered to see the cheerleaders come out, but those claps and cheers immediately silenced when they were ignored. 

Wendy guided the cheer squad over to the field where you guys would normally cheer at, but instead of stretching out and getting routines practiced before a game, she instead turned towards you all. Her hands on her hips, and looking between every cheer member, she made sure that everyone was on the same page. "I know it will be awkward and weird, ladies." She began, pacing in front of her group. "But we're sending a message, remember that." 

"I can't believe they had the balls to do that. Especially while we were all there." Red twirled her hair with her index finger, upset for her cheer captain mostly. "We've got your back, girl. These boys aren't getting shit from us." She reassured, a slight smirk spread across her lips as she looked at Wendy.