PROLOGUE

The sun rises over the peaks. She watched that beautiful sunrise from down the hill. She had been there at dawn, practicing her sword skill.

Sweat running down her face. She swept them and slowly began to walk home.

While walking, she folded her sword back to its scabbard. The scabbard is made with leather and has a long strap to easily carry the sword.

Her sword is light and sharp. It is a metal, easily swung and suitable for her.

She smells fresh air around her, a peaceful morning. A little wind brushes her face. Her eyes are sparkling with vivacity as she smiles.

After a little walking, she was finally here. Her hometown, where she resides in.

She sees other people's lives in this peaceful kingdom. Shops are just about to open, man walking to his work, birds chirping happily as they fly across the small town. It was a calm and peaceful morning.

Suddenly, she saw smoke coming from somebody's house. Thin,black smoke flying up to the sky like pollution. With it, fire burning and blazing in the house.

Without thinking, she rushed to the house as quickly as she could.

She started running, her heart beating faster and hoping that anyone would help the house earlier than her so that everyone's safe.

Finally, she's here, in front of the house. Fire blazing and scorching inside, smoke spreads to the sky, dark and thick as she moves closer.

The neighbors managed to take out the husband and wife of the house but couldn't find their children. She knows well who that husband and wife is.

They're Mr. Brook and Mrs. Brook.

Knowing that, she rushed into the blazing house. Dropping her scabbard as she entered.

Thick smoke can cause throat burns and stinging eyes but that didn't stop her. She searched for the couple's child in many rooms. She started to cough and fire all around the walls. Between the sound of burning, she heard crying coming from the room on her left.

She stepped in, she saw a girl, Mr. Brook and Mrs. Brook daughter, Wendy Brook. 

Her legs hurt and couldn't walk. She rushed to Wendy, carrying her piggyback to the doors.

Thankfully nothing serious happened when she was in the house like ceilings falling on her or something way more dangerous.

As soon as she's outside the house, the girl's parents immediately rushed to her. Their faces are worried but at the same time, grateful. She puts down the girl and watches the parent as they check on their child and hug her.

She exhales in relief. She looks around her, other neighbors already collect a bunch of buckets of water and try to stop the fire.

"Mr.Brook, May I ask how and where did the fire start?" She turns to the girl's father.

He sighed, looking sadly to his house that already burnt and dried with the help of the neighbors.

He is clueless too.

He didn't know what caused the fire. He was just about to take a shower while his wife was in the living room. As for his daughter, Wendy who she just saved was sleeping in her bed.

Not hearing Mr.Brook reply, she quickly understood that Mr.Brook didn't know how it started. Nor realized if there was even fire in their house.

"We suddenly realized that our dear daughter was still inside. If it wasn't because of you, we'd have lost our daughter now." Said the mother, hugging her daughter tightly.

"Thank you, Aurelia." Mrs.Brook smiling at her, with a thankful smile.

"I'm pleased to help." She bowed her head with her hand on her chest. She looked back at the house, it was all dried up because of the help of the people around them.

She smiled with relief. She suddenly felt something she never felt before, satisfied. She somehow felt happy to help even if it might cause her death.

After a few minutes, she took her scabbard and she decided to walk back home. She walked past many houses when suddenly she heard someone's running after her. She turned around and saw who that person was.

A red haired girl ran and stopped right in front of her. That girl was panting, she's running out of breath as she's running to catch up with her.

"Charlie? What happened? Were you chased by dogs or something?" She looks at her, worrying.

"No, I'm not." She exhales. "I saw what you just did, Aurie." her voice came back to normal. Charlie looks at her with a straight face. Then, she gives her a hug. She was surprised by her best friend's action and hugged her back.

"Are you okay? You didn't hurt, did you?" Charlie asked, her face looking worried.

Charlie was actually horrified when she saw her best friend entering the house without a second thought. When Aurie was in the house, Charlie was panicking and worried if Aurie didn't make it out alive as she watched the whole situation from afar.

Aurie smiled. She let go of the hug "Don't worry, I'm alright." Aurie felt touched that her best friend worried her that much. But she knows she's not weak and she can handle whatever situation she was in. Even knowing that, Charlie is always looking out for her.

"That's a relief." Charlie smiled. Charlie looked at her, "What you did back there really worries me you know."

Aurie smiles, "Thank you for always looking out for me. But I didn't promise I won't do it again."

"Please think of your safety first." Charlie holds her hand. "It's not like I doubt you but I'm worried, you're always putting everyone first before your own self."

"Alright, alright" Aurie replied, putting her hands on Charlie's.

They walked home together, their houses are not that far apart.