9

Usually, Neriah would go with Scott when it came to the risker missions that they had when it came to saving someone or protecting Beacon Hills. But today, she was with Stiles and Lydia to figure out the next key as Scott was with Chris, trying to figure out how they could find Liam who had gone missing while on his run with Mason.

"Your dad should be back within the hour," Parrish said to Stiles, Lydia, and Neriah as the three of them walked into the Sheriff's station. "You want to wait in his office?"

"Actually, we wanted to talk to you," Stiles said, stopping near his desk.

"Privately," Lydia added with a tight-lipped smile.

"In Mr. Stilinski's office," Neriah clarified, not waiting for a response as she walked straight into the office with the second part of the list in hand. "We've found out some information—Well, technically we found a list of targets."

"Wait what?" Parrish questioned, baffled by her statement as Stiles closed the door behind them.

"Look for yourself," Neriah said, holding the folded piece of paper out to him.

Parrish took it, slowly reading down the names with furrowed brows. "This is a hit list?"

"We call it a Dead Pool," Stiles informed him, crossing his arms over his chest. "Recognize any of the names?"

"Yeah." Parrish looked back up at them. "The Sheriff had me run a bunch of these through the system last night. But we couldn't find any of them."

Neriah glanced at Lydia beside her. "Show him the other thing."

Lydia hesitated but turned the paper over to show Parris the other side where his name was with a five next to it, making him stand up straighter.

"Okay, that's kind of terrifying," Parrish mumbled, turning his back to them. "What's the number?"

"That's how much you're worth," Lydia informed him.

Parrish whirled back around to face them. "I'm worth five dollars?"

"Five million," Neriah corrected him.

"I only make forty thousand a year!" Parrish exclaimed and then looked back down at the paper. "Maybe I should kill myself," he added in a whisper. "I don't get it. Why—Why am I on this?"

"Honestly, that might be a question for another day," Stiles said, sharing a look with Neriah and Lydia. "Right now, there's still another third of the list we gotta crack."

"We need the third cipher key," Neriah said. "But we need help getting it."

"From who?"

"Meredith," Lydia said with a cringe.

"The girl from Eichen?" Parrish asked with raised brows. "The last time you saw her, you almost gave her a nervous breakdown," he said walking past them and opening the door.

"Uh, almost," Lydia muttered.

Neriah sighed, taking the list back from Parrish. "Look, we've got another list filled with names to find. Do you want to serve and protect like the oath you took for that badge? Or do you want to let innocent people die and have that blood on your hands?"

Stiles slapped a hand to his forehead beside her as Lydia widened her eyes, looking away from Parrish who looked guilty as he stared at a Neriah.

"We can't talk to her for long," Parrish said, giving in. "And Lydia can't send her into a nervous breakdown."

"Deal," Neriah hummed before Lydia could disagree. "Now let's go."

♤♡♤♡