Chapter 1

I woke up in my bunk after a night of heavy sleeping, my hair slightly messy and my eyes droopy as I yawned while sitting up in my bed, my blankets slipped off me and onto my lap with half of the blanket somewhat hanging off my bed on the floor due to constant tossing and turning during my sleep. Groaning as I rubbed my eyes, i eventually got up and grabbed a small banana from the mini fridge that had been stored under a counter which has been crowded with items of mine. sitting on a small desk chair and eating my poor excuse of a breakfast, Once I was done I grabbed my exo mask and exited my small cluttered room and stepped into the lab where I was greeted by max testing on some Plant samples. I smiled and walked over, sitting on an inflatable bounce chair and leaning against the desk.
"Hi max!"

He jumped a little from being startled but smiled as he turned to me.

"Heyy kiddo. Sleep good?"

I nodded with a small shrug.

"Yeah I guess so. Didn't feel like a good sleep but just more like...well- sleep."

He laughed and nodded as he took his gloves off.

"Yeah I get you. So what do you have planned for the day?"

I shrugged once more as I bounced on the chair. And craned my neck to look up at the ceiling.

"Probably go look around or something. I dunno."

He nodded, grabbing a second oxygen mask for me and handing it to me along with my backpack.

"Alright we'll be careful out there okay? I can't have you getting hurt. If you go hang with some Navi kids make sure you take your gps so me and norm know where you are."

I smiled and nodded as I put my bag on, giving max a hug before running out of the lab to go hang out with my friends. While on my run I kept my hand on the knife I had just incase anything jumped out at me. While running I looked around in awe at the lush thick forest of Pandora, even though I had seen it numerous times it never got old and always brightened my day or night. After a bit of running I came up to some Navi kids around my age, smiling as I waved at them while walking past till a boy called out to me.

"Hey reylua! Where are you off to?"

I shrugged as I turned to look back at them, walking over and picking up a small pebble that caught my attention.

"Meh I dunno. Probably gonna go look for something to do for now."

he smiled as he held a spear in one hand while motioning me over with the other.

"Come join us then! We are gonna go ride dire horses and explore for a bit!"

I hesitated and swallowed somewhat loudly as I begun fidgeting with my fingers.

"Uh- how far are we going?..."

He shrugged.

"I dunno. Probably far. Not sure. But come on you'll be with us! What harm can it do huh?"

And just like that I felt a wave of anxiety and guilt wash over me as I thought about it. Max and norm always said I could explore and have fun but to be extremely careful and tell them where I was going. And I was never allowed further than the forest since the recent return of the RDA.

"Uhm...I dunno guys I can't go further than I'm supposed to..."

The boy laughed and turned to his friends as some rolled their eyes.

"Come on! Live a little!"

I bit my tongue slightly before nodding

"Okay...I guess we can go? I mean- what harm could it do?.."

He smiled as he put a hand on my shoulder and pulled me close into his side

"Atta girl!"

We all started to walk and a few minutes in, I took out my watch and texted max

-["hey max im gonna go with some Navi kids today"]

I tried calming myself down mentally. I mean I technically told him what I was doing...just didn't say where I was going.

-["okay kiddo. Be safe and remember not to go further than the village."]

I smiled a little before turning off my watch and going back to walking with the other kids

Maybe this isn't so bad after all...