Chapter Six

Previously-
    "Oh and this must be the birthday girl ! Dad friend called my attention, and hand me a present. "Thank you" I say and give him a warm smile. "You fwb call me Frank" upon hearing his name "Frank" I remembered when Corry told me his dad was coming to town and his name was the exact same thing, could this be his dad? He looks so nice and someone that won't do such. But I mean looks don't tell it all.

AND NOW.
     I quickly excuse myself  my and run up to my room, I pick up my phone and dial Corry's number. Called him to times now and he hasn't still picked. Ughh where is he when I need him.
I lay my phone down on the desk and decide to head downstairs. Everyone is already seated on the table. I could see Frank was really making mum and dad laugh. Me and Aiden just give ourselves this 'what going on look'.
They started laughing so loud I didn't even get the joke.
After what seemed like 30 minutes of their conversation and him telling us about his son. Corry never mentioned a brother so this is new. I almost spilled my drink when he started talking about a brother. That's crazy. I can't wait for Corry to find out I wonder what his mood is going to be, I wonder how his going to feel. He was fully ready to go now, so mum and dad escorted him out. Leaving only me and Aiden to wash the dishes.
I clear the table and decide to clear the dishes and Aiden brushes the floor.
The kitchen was now looking neat at least and the kitchen was so silent so I had to break it. "Heard from Mason?".
"Well yeah, his better now, he said I should wish you a happy birthday he wanted to come over today but his been very busy planning his party" Aiden says
"What about Logan?" Saying his name alone makes me feel like puking. He looks down and looks back at me, then I give him a questioning look. "We tried our best Rube, unfortunately he got out on bail, through his uncle! I believed we were supposed to go to court for this" when he completed his last statement I could feel my heart drop because there's a huge possibility I may come in contact with that freak head.
"I'm really sorry Rube, but the good part is that we filed  a restraining order for him to stay at least 15 feet's away, and he will be dealt with if he crosses the boundaries. He got community service at a rehabilitation center, so you don't have anything to worry  about".
I was at loss of words, I didn't know what to feel anymore but as far as he can keep to the restraining order we won't have a problem.
"Anyways I could tell you weren't feeling Frank's vibe at dinner, I mean I know his jokes weren't really funny. But your face looked irritated as if there was something more to it".   I was really surprised he observed my facial expressions so much that he could tell I was irritated.
"That's Corry's  father" I mutter.
"Okay so what's the big deal there"?he asks. I roll my eyes cause the thought of even explaining but oh well.
"His Corry's birth father, Corry's a foster kid. He told me earlier that his father was coming to town but didn't want to see him, so I'm going to do the needful and tell him"
I say pitifully.
" oh wow that's really messed up, he'll be fine" Aiden says.
"Well I'm getting tired and I really need to sleep" I say.
" Wait I want to give you something before you go" he says and hands me over a guitar. This was the last birthday gift mom gave him before she passed, the last memory he had of her, he cherished it so much.
"Are you sure you want to give me this" I ask. " yeah I think you should have it" I pull him into a hug then tell him good night and go up to my room.
  I place the guitar on my study desk and at the back "Jade The Third" was boldly written. I had a big smile on my face, just then my phone started ringing. It was Corry I pick up hesitantly, "hey" he says in a calm voice "Sorry was at football practice that's why I didn't pick up".
"Okay, first of all I don't know how I'm going to say this but I saw your dad, he literally came to my house, apparently his a friend to my parents and-" before I could complete my statement he interrupted I could tell he was shocked an in disbelief at the same time. " Woah, How sure you are you?" He asks. " like a hundred percent sure, wait I have a plan, I think he has a meeting with my parents tomorrow so we can meet them there".

Authors note: This chapter was kind of boring I know ! :(
That's why I made it short.
But expect more from Chapter 7!!