Prologue

Soft pitter patter of the rain and an enchanting melody playing from the desktop of Elizabeth keeps her calm and collected as she watch the drops of rainwater from her glass window slowly lulling her to sleep

It is Saturday. She has no classes, the weather is bad so she chose to stay inside her dorm room, trying to wrap her head on everything that happened to her the past few days.

Elizabeth can still remember how she ruined the only thing that is keeping her sane, the oil painting on their art classroom who happened to be painted by Alessandro, her cold but handsome art and music professor. The painting was hanging from the right side of their classroom when her curious hands decided to touch it, forgetting that her fingers are still wet with the acrylic paint that immediately dried up on the center of the painting.

When Alessandro learned of it, she saw how his eyes hardened and jaw tightened. Her heart beating faster than ever before, she felt like a criminal caught in the act by a couple of cops without escape, she is totally busted!

The whole class was quiet, contrast to her traitor heart that felt like it wants to escape her ribcage, one and a half hour felt like a whole year torture for Elizabeth, and when their class ended, that's when she knew that it'll be a messy one, like her hands with dried up acrylic paint that she didn't managed to wash earlier.

“Miss Lockwood, stay." Her professor's deep and baritone voice echoed in the whole art classroom, making her flinch from the sound of it.

Her eyes met his hardened gaze for her. It was really a torture for her soft and sensitive heart.

The whole class exited the room 'till they were the only two left the cold room, like his professor's heart, so cold.

Shivering, she went to pick her things scattered on her desk before she heard the soft footsteps of her professor.

“I need an explanation. Would you care, Miss Lockwood?" His voice echoed once again, it's like haunting her to the core.

Elizabeth decided to lower her gaze to avoid his scrutinizing beautiful blue eyes.

“I'm so sorry, Professor. I wasn't thinking straight earlier. I didn't realize what I was doing until you came, Sir.” Her voice quivered slightly, her green eyes trained only on the empty canvas in her hands like it was the most important thing in her life.

“I don't think that's the explanation I need. Pack your things, you're coming with me.” Alessandro replied, voice dropped an octave like he was really hurting.

Did I really ruin my only chance? That painting is really precious to him.

“Where are we going, Professor?” She asked, trying to gather the paints and brush in one hand, resulting to it dropping and scattering on the tiled room.

“Freak! Are you really that clumsy? Stupid.” Her professor said angrily before storming out the door leaving her with the acrylic paint now scattered on her sneakers and the tiled floor.

A single lone tear escaped her eyes, slowly and softly sliding down her soft silky cheeks.

I really messed up.

Elizabeth suddenly jolted awake, her hair sticking out from everywhere, eyes stinging and a hurting back from sleeping on her chair.

It is already dark outside. She felt like she slept the whole afternoon, the rain already stopped but there is still thunder, jolting her body whenever it's frightening roar resonates on her room.

Sighing, Elizabeth touched her cheeks, she is crying again. After the encounter with her professor in the art room, she never saw him again. It's been four days now and she is kinda missing him, though her heart is hurting.

He said I'm stupid. He's right.

***