𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞.

ELENA DEJORIA.

7 years old:

it's a Sunday afternoon, i just finished some etiquette lessons and honestly i'm glad. The constant bending of my pinky was tiring and i'm afraid to say it seems worn out, i hate lessons when it comes to something so precise like how i should lift my bloody finger when taking a sip of tea, it's unnecessary and odd. Lady Priscilla has no patience at all for me either, which doesn't help. She's a snappy, old, bitter woman who likes to absorb all the fun out of a room like a sponge. It's a surprise my father assigned her to me, even though he knows i dislike people so stern and hard - headed. People who forever keep their head in the sand and never pay attention to what's really in front of them. People who claim they know what life's all about, when they really don't, they just use it as an excuse to not further explore.

"Your highness." my head snaps to meet my guard at the door, i smile softly and greet him with a nod of my head as he bows.

"What is it Friedrich?" i stand up slowly, flattening out my dress like Lady Priscilla would always drone about.

"Downstairs. They've arrived." he says quietly, a small smile curving on his lips. My brows furrow for a moment, who was he talking about..? Until it hit me - They've arrived. My new mother and brother!

"Thank you Friedrich!" i beam, rushing by him he smiles to himself and closes the door to my chambers, halting outside it.

I race myself down the 5 flights of stairs, panting slightly until i could hear faint voices from the grand floor. I pick up the pace and bump into Laila.

"Watch it!" she snaps.

"Sorry-" she cuts me off with a wave of her hand.

"Whatever, just move.." she mutters, sighing and strutting downstairs. I follow her, slightly disheartened. 

"...Ah yes, here my lovely daughters come..." my father mumbles from downstairs as Laila and i walk down, i shake off my somber look and plaster a weak-smile on my face. I quickly lift my eyes from the marble steps to see a beautiful, tall , brunette, green-eyed woman, she was smiling at us and waving, yet i was the only one who returned it.. My eyes travel a bit to the right and i spot a small boy behind her legs, his curly hair mainly covered his face but he seemed sweet, i immediately offer him a smile and he returns it quite weakly as he peeked out from behind her. I quickly turn to Laila to catch her moping, i nudge her slightly with my elbow. She shoots me a deadly look as soon as i do that.

"Hey, go say hi.." i murmur.

"You say hi first." he grumbles, folding her arms.