┊024

──────═❀═──────『 𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑  𝟐𝟒 』──═❀═──━『 Marks 』

──────═❀═──────
『 𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑  𝟐𝟒 』
──═❀═──
『 Marks 』

"You have the curse mark. I was wondering if you wanted to... discuss it," Anko began, her tone cautious as we sat at a traditional dango shop, enjoying the sweet treats.

I paused, lowering the dango I was about to eat back onto the tray. "I do have the mark," I replied, my voice calm but curious. "What makes you want to speak about it?"

Anko's eyes flickered with a mixture of concern and understanding. "I have one too," she said, her voice barely above a whisper. "I know what it's like to carry that burden."

The revelation caught me off guard, and I studied her more closely. The curse mark had always felt like a dark secret, a stigma I bore alone. Knowing that Anko shared this burden created an unexpected bond between us.

"I see," I said slowly, nodding. "That makes sense. It's not something people discuss lightly."

Anko nodded, her expression serious. "It's a power, yes, but it's also a curse. It can consume you if you're not careful."

I glanced at the dango on the tray, my thoughts drifting to the complexities of my life. Despite the darkness within me, I found solace in small pleasures like these sweets. Unlike Sasuke, who shunned sugary delights, I savoured them. It was another way we differed, adding to the many opposites that defined our paths. Itachi and I shared similar interests, a bond that contrasted sharply with the inevitable clash between Itachi and Sasuke.

"Although my mark is sealed, it's utterly useless," I scoffed, frustration lacing my words. "I was thinking, just last night actually, that the curse mark could've been such a useful asset for my progress of becoming stronger."

"There is a way," Anko began, her voice tinged with a hint of intrigue.

"To use a sealed curse mark?" I asked, lifting my brows sceptically, struggling to believe her claim.

"Of course," she smirked, a glint of excitement in her eyes. "It just takes time."

"I don't have time," I muttered, the weight of my ambitions pressing heavily upon me. In a louder voice, I continued, "As I said a few days ago, as much as I want to pass the exam, what I want to accomplish doesn't require me to pass the exam."

Anko nodded understandingly, her expression serious. "I know, I haven't forgotten."

As Anko continued her rambling about various jutsu, my mind drifted away from her words, my gaze fixed on the fluttering curtains outside. My arm propped against the oak table, my head balanced on the palm of my hand, I found myself lost in thought.