8. 𝔉𝔞𝔪𝔦𝔩𝔶 𝔇𝔞𝔶

The next morning, I'm in my room brushing my hair as I get ready for the day, when Ben bursts into my room. "Okay, one, good morning. Two, knock next time, I could've been naked. And three, how was your and Mal's date?" He looks at me nervously, "Good morning, sorry, and about that...I realized something." I put my brush down and turn to him worried, "What? What is it?"

He sits on my bed, looking cautious, "I-I think she spelled me." I furrow my brows, "What makes you say that?" Ben starts to pace a bit, "Well, I took her to the Enchanted Lake and I jumped into the water and I felt like something was washed away." I pretend to think if over, "Well, you were more vocal about your feelings for her after-"

Ben's eyes widen, "The cookie! There was a love spell on the cookie!" I chuckle, "Well that explains why you acted as though you had another sugar rush!" He glares at me, "That was one time!" I shrug before he looks at me disheartened, "Why would she do that? I mean, I liked her already, and I was going to break up with Audrey..."

He looks at me, "Oh, that's why she did it! I was with Audrey still, and she probably thought she didn't have a chance with me so she spelled me!" I mumble before picking up my hairbrush to resume getting ready, "Sure, let's go with that." I look at Ben through the mirror, "Do you still feel the same about her, though?"

Smiling softly he responds, "Yeah. Yeah, I do. She says she doesn't know what love is...and I want to show her. I know there is good in her heart, and I want to draw it out." I smile, "If anyone can, it's you. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to talk to FG about firing a certain teacher."

~~~

After a depressing video call with their parents, the VK's finalize their plans for the coronation with heavy hearts. Mal shows her drawing of FG's wand, "Okay, we all know what this looks like. So, we'll be up on the dais under the Beast's spell jar, and we'll be coming in from here. I will be in the very front. You all will be up in the balcony." Evie nods in understanding, "Okay."

Mal looks at Carlos, "Carlos?" He says, "Okay, so I'll find our limo, so we can break the barrier and get back on the island with the wand." Mal nods, "Perfect. Evie?" The blue haired princess looks to her purple haired friend, "Yeah?" Mal takes out a bottle, "You will use this to take out the driver. Two sprays and he will be out like a light."

Evie nods, "Okay." They all look at each other, not wanting to go through with their parents plan before dispersing. Evie then sees Mal look at a page on how to break the love spell, "M? You want to break Ben's love spell?" Mal looks at her, "Yeah. You know, for after." Evie frowns confused, "I don't..."

"I've just been thinking, you know," Mal says, "when the villains finally do invade Auradon, and begin to loot and kick everyone out of their castles and imprison their leaders and destroy all that is good and beautiful, Ben still being in love with me just seems a little extra cruel."

Carlos then speaks up, "But...what about Marissa?" Mal, Evie, and Jay stop at that, thinking about the princess who accepted them as they are with open arms and who made them feel safe to be themselves - something they never felt around anyone, especially their parents.

Mal sighs, "We can...'kidnap' her, and tell everyone she's our personal servant. When in actuality, we'll be protecting her. I could never forgive myself if anything happened to her...especially after what I've done to her brother." She then snaps her book shut and gets up, Evie looking at her concerned, "M?"

~~~

That night, each of the VKs think about their time in Auradon. Jay thinks about playing on the Tourney team and winning the match, while Carlos thinks about getting over his fear of dogs and essentially adopting Dude. Evie thinks about passing her test all by herself without cheating with her mirror, recognizing her talents and not having to rely on her looks.