2- Her house

The day after the storm was a mess to say the least. The island was in a state, a rather bad one. Gemma only had one thing in her mind when she woke up that morning. Pearl. She rushed outside as soon as she gained consciousness, waking up JJ who was sprawled across her on her sofa in the process. Gemma sighed in relief when she saw the van, in the same state she had left her in the previous day. Gemma was so relieved she hugged the bonnet of the car as JJ approached her. Groggy and confused by this surprise awakening. He rubbed his eyes, clearing his vision to see his sister hugging her van. JJ seemed fairly unfazed by this scene, turning on his heels to no doubtfully find something to eat. Nothing he wasn't used to he thought to himself.

Gemma loved feeling the wind in her hair when she was surfing but she'd also settle for feeling the wind in her hair as she stood at the front of the h.m.s pogue, grinning from ear to ear. Her friends chattered behind her as they sailed through the marsh. Kiara was undoubtedly discussing saving turtles and the planet, while Pope was pretending he cared and John B and JJ were laughing about something. Gemma had her back to them but she'd been here a thousand times before.

Kiara was probably her closest friend. Don't tell the others that though. Gemma isn't sure why she sticks around most of the time, she's like super rich. A kook. But she doesn't seem to care and so neither does Gemma. Pope was undoubtedly the most sensible of the whole group, he was like an anchor. Constantly keeping them from drifting too far out to sea. That's how Gemma thought of it at least.

"Let me show you a party trick." JJ says as he approaches Gemma at the front of the boat, beer in his hand. Gemma knew what he was trying to do, "Hey Pope, can you go a little faster please?" JJ asks as he gets in position, Gemma laughs at him along with Kie, "I'm moving." John B complains as he tries to get out of JJs way,
"Your in the wrong place Em." Kie says through her laughs as Gemma tried to keep her balance at the front of the boat next to JJ.

"I'm fine, nothing that hasn't happened before." Gemma says as Pope speeds up, JJ desperately trying to catch the beer in his mouth as it comes out of the bottle from the speed, "Oh my God your getting beer in my hair." Kie complained as John B shielded his face from the downpour of beer.

"Want some Em?" JJ asked sarcastically as he aimed the bottle at her, beer going all over her face as she yelled in protest, "Stop! JJ stop it!" She said through her laughter.

"Alright, alright stop!" Pope said as JJ continued to get beer all over the boat. Suddenly the boat came to stop and Gemma and JJ flew over the front of the boat. JJ did a full front flip while Gemma flew into the water headfirst. Everyone on the boat yelled as they scrambled to the side of the boat, trying to see if the pair were okay. Gemma resurfaced, her arms flapping about wildly as she panted heavily. JJ also resurfaced at the other side of the boat groaning.

"You okay guys?" John B asked as Kie helped Gemma back onto the boat and JJ stayed floating in the water a bit longer, "I think my heels touched the back of my head." JJ replied, before slowly swimming back to the boat.

"Pope what did you do?" JJ asked, making his way back to the boat. Gemma tried to regain some consciousness as she laid on the boat before propping herself up to look in the water. She froze. She could have sworn she just saw something glistening at the bottom of the water, she squinted her eyes. It was a boat.

"Guys there's a boat down here." She said loud enough to shut everyone up as they came over to see what she was looking at, "No way." John B said as he leant over the boat to get a better look. There was no mistaking what Gemma saw, "she's right." Kie said as the others began to get excited at the idea of finding a boat. Gemma didn't hesitate, diving over the side of the boat and into the water, shortly followed by everybody else. She swam down as far as she could go, not stopping until she reached the boat. It was beautiful. It couldn't have been here long, must've sunk in the storm she thought before swimming back up to the surface.