for anyone who has ever feared they won't find true love (Aishiki)

I was on my way to my parents' place, driving, while imagining the worst possible things that could happen to me tonight. But there was no damn way in hell (fuck my brain because it was too small to fit tonight) I could've ever imagined the thing that had happened to me (future me right now, lol).

Present:

"Good evening, Mother", I greeted her with a smile as we walked toward the dining room. She returned mine with a stern smile of her own and dropped a sudden bombshell on our way to the dining room, "You have an arranged husband, don't be too stubborn, it's for business.

"I WHAT!!?", she didn't even let me finish my sentence before she introduced me to him.

I would have rather died than get married to an arranged guy by my parents, I kept that thought to myself, for now at least.

"Ishaan Rathore", he outstretched his hand, veiny, muscular, white, trimmed nails, Rolex watch, would've called his hand attractive had he not been an enemy at first sight. Then I looked up, I figured my heart stopped beating for a second when our eyes crashed.  His cold expression gave away to something softer for a millisecond.  He had metallic blue eyes, thick, wavy hair falling covering his overhead and irritating is beautiful eyes quite a few times, he doesn't flinch, he doesn't feel the possible tingling in his eyes maybe. His jawline is so defined that it might cut through a diamond without problems. His nose perfectly bridged and thin but full lips which seem so damn kissable.  I drool in my fantasies.

'Pass the salad, please", my father says, and his raw voice snaps me out of my fantasies.

"Here", I do as requested.

after dinner we head to the living room, the 4 of us and even though mother and father were family, he felt more familiar at that point because i never spent more than an hour with my parents in the same room.

"Are you keeping up with your skin and hair care routine?", my mother asks swiftly.

I nod.

Then my father starts talking about the marriage and my ears start ringing, i feel fucking nervous and I'm possibly on the verge of a breakdown because my life as I knew, the life I had worked so hard to get, would no longer be the same after marriage.

All I hear at the end of his talk is when my parents basically scream at me for not answering something they asked.

My head jerked, my hands were slightly shaking, "I-I, I don't think I heard you guys, I'm so sorry".

"Is the 7th of October a good date for you?", father blurted out almost angrily.

"Why do you care?", I finally speak up, rubbing the back of my hands on my eyes to wipe away the unnoticed tear drops.

"What do you mean, Aishiki?!", this time both my parents shouted at me. I felt like I was 13 again, in my room, pulling my hair and crying disastrously.

"You guys have never cared. No matter what happened to me my entire life, you never cared. You guys have always criticized me for not being able to give you the exact result you need, all my life, i have been criticized and demoted by my own parents. And you guys even fixed my marriage, my fucking marriage without even asking me. Well, asking is too good a word for you guys, informing me would be better. And now, after all these shits you guys pulled, you are seriously asking me if I'm okay with the date you guys choose?! Of course I am not, of course I don't want to get married and loose the hard-earned freedom i have, and of course, this time again, you will apply your rules over my feelings and of course I will obey like I always do. If I could protest I would, but I know I cannot and you guys have freaking comfort in the fact that I cannot, so yeah 7th October is fine, mother and father. Now if you'll excuse me, i really need to go to my room since I was forced to spend the night here as well.

Without waiting for their reply, i wipe my ceaseless tears and run upstairs to my room.

Soon after, I hear a knock.