wasted, boy, i need your attention

the pink haired boy a little more than dramatically slammed his head on the hard desk. he knew the outcome would result in a red mark painted on his forehead, frankly yuji didn't care.

"whoa, what's gotten you in such a bad mood?" a voice muttered, which belonged to his best friend. he lifted his head to just let his chin lay on the desk. in front of him was sitting a ginger-brown haired girl that was nibbling on a few potato chips.

yuji desperately wanted a chip, but decided to just later steal a bag that he knew was hidden deep in her school bag. "nothing, just wanna sleep." he softly spoke, bringing his arm up to brush back his hair.

"mhm, anyways i gotta leave. the bell is gonna ring any time soon and mr. lewis will kill me if i'm late again." nobara sighed. she quickly sat up, slinging the bag over a shoulder.

"bye!" she exclaimed, giving yuji a small tap on the back. nobara then exited the classroom, throwing the empty chip bag on the way out.

yuji then lifted his head fully off the desk, seeing if the teacher was even here yet. he did see multiple kids sitting in their respective spots, reading, talking, playing games, but no teacher.

he smiled, this means he could sleep some more. as yuji was about to cuddle his head into his arms he saw a kid in the corner of the room sleeping. usually, he would never give someone a second look for sleeping, hell he was about to do the same thing!

but, yuji has never seen this kid before in his home room, he's absolutely sure of it. the spiky black hair, pale skin, tall figure, who is this?

as he was kinda weirdly staring at the sleeping boy, the bell blared through the school. yuji whipped his head to the front of the room when he noticed the ravenette was awakening.

he was sure his cheeks were the same color as his hair, it was embarrassing to be almost caught staring at someone!

the door opened, revealing the teacher almost everybody disliked. yuji sighed, he really didn't want to be there. as the teacher began to speak yuji found himself thinking about that boy, he almost wanted to know him, almost.

• • •

yuji grinned when he heard the familiar bell signaling that period one ended. most kids sprinted out of the classroom, joining their friends conversations. he was about to do the same thing when he saw familiar faces standing the hall.

what stopped him was the mysterious boy still sleeping. yuji felt bad that he could possible miss next period if no one woke him up. he decided that it was his job and started to make his way towards him, leaving his friends that were obviously confused.

yuji was about to shake him softly, thinking that was the best option to not upset him if he was one of anger management people. but before he could do that he heard him mumble a "what?" with his eyes still closed.

yuji widened his eyes, this guy wasn't really asleep? "oh, sorry i thought you wouldn't want to miss next class. but, turns out you weren't actually sleeping." he spoke while awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.

the guy finally opened his eyes and lifted his head off the desk. his eyes are a very dark blue, yuji noted. the raven haired boy still didn't respond, just standing up and grabbing his bag.

"thanks, i guess." he finally said, looking down slightly on the pink haired boy. yuji felt a smile pop up on his face.

"no problem!" he took notice that this guy doesn't talk a lot at all. none the less, yuji still kinda wanted to know who this kid was.

"soo, are you new? i've never seen you before." yuji asks while stretching out the 'o'. he noticed that some kids were entering the classroom, this class was probably their second period.

the person shakes their head. "i just switched home rooms." yuji nods in return. however, before either of them could say anything else the bell rang, telling them that they were both late.

yuji mentally cursed at himself for being so talkative, he literally just had to wake this guy up and leave. he heard footsteps and realized that he was already at the door. yuji practically ran to follow him. once they were in the empty hallway he made sure to ask him his name.

"it's megumi fushiguro."

a/n
the chapter titles are lyrics from i think by tyler the creator !! (i'm very much the #1 tyler the creator fan)