2.- First Lesson

Several hours ago, a young woman with pink hair felt like she was going through the worst moment of her life. At her young age, everything seemed to crumble, as if a great void had swallowed her whole and left her trapped in a sea of despair. For Sakura, it was like being trapped in a dark pool of oil, unable to move, wishing simply to disappear.

However, amidst that overwhelming darkness, a small ray of light shone, completely transforming her life. It was a fresh start, a spark of hope that showed her a different path. Her savior arrived, offering his blood-stained hand, providing her with the opportunity to find happiness. He could have rejected her, turned around, and continued on his way, but he didn't.

No more beatings from her father, no more being treated like a servant by her family. The mere thought of her drunken father, fist raised and sharp tongue, made her body shudder. But now, with her new opportunity, maybe she could fulfill her dream of becoming a kunoichi. Just thinking about it made her mind jump for joy, imagining herself following in the footsteps of her friend Ino, her only true companion.

The only things she would miss from that place would be Ino and her older brother, Soku, who used to protect and care for her in their old home. Although he spent long periods away from home and was unaware of many of her abuses, he had always been a refuge for her.

Itachi had rented a room in an inn a decent distance from Konoha to avoid being caught and to rest before moving on. At that moment, he had gone out to buy food, leaving Sakura alone in the room. The absence of shouts, laughter, and taunts echoing felt strange to her. Although the room was not the most luxurious, to Sakura, with her emerald eyes, everything shimmered, as if she were in the palace of some noble king.

"You will train to become a kunoichi," Itachi's words echoed in her mind as he carried her on his back, fading into the darkness of the forest the night before, in search of a new inn to hide. She had seen his ninja headband in Konoha, the same one her brother Soku used when he left or returned from a mission, but now it had a horizontal line across the Konoha symbol.

Itachi's words surprised her greatly. She felt a bubbling joy in her chest at the thought of going against her father's beliefs and becoming like Ino, her brother, and her new self-proclaimed brother. She had to be the best, as they were giving her the opportunity.

It wasn't long before the door opened and Itachi entered calmly, without blood covering his body, dressed in black pants and a shirt, with a mesh underneath.

"Let's go, we need to leave now," Itachi said, gathering his things. They had to keep moving to avoid being tracked; an hour's rest was more than enough, and he also had to leave false clues to throw off the trackers.

"Where are we going?" Sakura asked, feeling a slight blush on her cheeks under Itachi's intense gaze. She tilted her head to avoid meeting his gaze, feeling her spirits fade as she realized he wouldn't train her at that moment.

"Suna," Itachi replied, observing every detail of Sakura's expression with his sharp black eyes.

He looked out the window, calculating the time they had left before the Konoha ANBU found their location. Then, he turned his attention back to Sakura. They had at least a day before they were discovered. Without saying a word, he took a seat in the chair next to the bed and indicated for Sakura to sit.

"I'll teach you something before we leave," he said.

Sakura remained motionless in her seat, obediently waiting for Itachi to speak. She didn't want to do anything that might upset him and cause him to abandon her to her fate. Her father always flew into a rage with her, no matter how much she tried to behave like a statue.