Tsunade Senju part IV

(Recap)

Tsunade's companion was visibly and audibly surprised as Jiraiya stood before them, casting a glance at Natsumi briefly and then turning her eyes back to Jiraiya. "Jiraiya-sama," she greeted friendlily, albeit somewhat nervously. "What are you doing here? Look, Tsunade-sama, it's your old friend-"

Tsunade audibly exhaled with annoyance and looked up, her light brown eyes shone with disdain. "What do you want, Jiraiya?"

"It's been a while… Tsunade."

(Recap ended)

The legendary kunoichi turned her attention back to her drink and didn't even look at them as she helped herself to a saucer refill of vintage sake.

Several heads were turning by now as many of the inn's patrons recognized the two legendary shinobi that made up two-thirds of the Densetsu no Sannin. "Whatever it is, be quick about it. I'm in no mood to deal with you right now."

Natsumi whistled, looking to Jiraiya, half expecting him to look offended or give an angry retort.

It turned out, however, that Jiraiya was used to Tsunade's cold shoulder treatment and he sat down next to Tsunade's aid, who quickly moved to sit next to her teacher as Natsumi also sat down in the booth.

"How long's it been since we last spoke, Tsunade?" Jiraiya tried to break the ice with a friendly smile, reaching for the sake bottle on the desk.

Tsunade did not reciprocate the sentiment. "Not long enough," she responded sourly, pulling the bottle out of his reach. "Who's the kid

My Name is Natsumi Uzumaki nice to meet you" Natsumi said giving Tsunade and Shizune her famous Foxy grin.

Tsunade and Shizune looked surprised as they looked at Jiraiya for some sort of explanation

Jiraiya gave them a look that says " I will explain later".

Ero-Sennin you had a student before me" Natsumi said confused.

Tsunade burst out laughing, snorting in a rather obnoxious fashion. Her laugh sounded more like an unpleasant cackle to Natsumi. "Ero-sennin? At least this one has a sense of humour, Jiraiya."

"How about we change the subject?" Jiraiya offered with a sudden serious expression that surprised Natsumi, it was rather uncharacteristic of her teacher.

She hadn't thought Jiraiya was able to get worked up about anything other than women and booze. What old wound was this woman picking at? "Ero- Jiraiya-sensei," Natsumi quickly rectified, not wanting to further embarrass the sage in front of his old acquaintance.

Jiraiya gave her a curious look, but said nothing whilst Tsunade merely snorted derisively in clear disapproval. "Do you want me to get you a drink while the two of you… talk?"

"Now, there's a good student!" Tsunade praised mockingly with a raise of her saucer, to which Jiraiya chuckled as he gave Natsumi a nod, prompting the youth to get up and head over to the bar counter. "Why did you bring her?" Tsunade asked whilst Natsumi stood in line with other patrons. Her voice had turned even icier, now completely devoid of laughter or snark. "Are you trying to mess with me, Jiraiya?"

Jiraiya noted the steely edge to her tone. "No," he answered calmly. "Does it bother you she's here?"

Tsunade paused for a moment and then turned to her aide: "Shizune, take the brat for a walk." Shizune obeyed without a word and got up and walked over to Natsumi and placed a hand on her shoulder, whispering something in her ear.

They left the establishment moments later and Tsunade leaned over to Jiraiya, who tried not to let his eyes wander over the view she was giving him. "Why don't you both save us some time and headache and cut to the chase, Jiraiya? We've been playing this stupid game for years and quite frankly I'm sick and tired of playing it." Tsunade snorted once more. It was a rather unattractive habit, a stark contrast to her unrivalled beauty. "You spent weeks tracking me down, you find me, we talk, we have sex, you beg me to come back to Konoha the next morning and when you get my answer, which still is and always will be no, you leave. Honestly, if you were this persistent when we were younger you might have actually scored with me a lot sooner.