[1]

my loud alarm rings for the fifth time, but what wakes me up is the loud speaking of my mom telling me to wake up.

i look to my right and see Brando, sound asleep. "Brando" i whisper shout "get up, my moms gonna come in here any minute, and you have to go get dressed for school". Brando groans "its too early for this", he slowly gets up, squinting his eyes.

i drag his arm and sneak him out through my window. he pecks my lips and says goodbye. i run back to my room and put on my uniform.

"hey honey" my mom says as i walk into the kitchen.
"you woke up late today" she says curiously. "yea, but i really have to go, im already late and i still have to go pick up cami" i say in a rush.  

"im also coming home late, im gonna be studying with cami" i feel bad lying to her, but if i told her that i was actually going to a party she would kill me.
"be safe honey" she waves goodbye as i pull out of the driveway.

"hey c" i say as she opens the passenger door of my car. "hi babe, ready for the party tonight?" she asks. "yea, i told my mom we were studying by the way"

as soon as im about to pull out, i see Virginia and Niccolo walk out of his and camis house. "explains why her car was parked out here" i say as casual as possible. i've never really been jealous of them, but i cant help but be anything but jealous right now. i know i shouldn't be because of Brando but i just cant help it.

"he's always taking his own car, but shes been extra possessive lately so she offered to take him" she says as she applies her lipgloss.

before i go in i make sure my hair and makeup looks fine. me and cami walk inside of school, and head towards out lockers where our friend group usually meets. somehow Niccolo and Virginia beat us and they're already there.

i wave to them and stand next to Brando. "hi babe" he says as he kisses my lips. we eventually let go, and he throws his arm around me. i can sense a pair of eyes just staring at the both of us. i look up and see Virginia talking to cami and nicco, but the only one paying attention is cami, because niccos too busy staring at me and Brando.

the bell eventually rings, and if things couldn't get any worse, my first class is with nicco and nicco only. "ill see you later baby" i tell Brando as i kiss his cheek. the whole group goes their own ways. nicco is thankfully held back by Virginia, so i dont have to interact with him on the way to class.

i sit down next to my usual calculus partner and wait for my professor to arrive. im scrolling through instagram when i feel a presence behind me.

"move." nicco says to my poor partner. my partner quickly gets scared off and nicco takes his spot.
"why do you always have to ruin what you touch" i say annoyed.

"someones in a bad mood" nicco smirks.
"what do you want Niccolo" i avoid eye contact.
"you and Brando have gotten very touchy lately" he says curiously as he plays with the hem of my skirt under the desk.

"hes my boyfriend. just like you are Virginias boyfriend." i remind him. "are you trying to make me jealous?" he says mockingly in a way.

"god nicco why do you alwa-" im interrupted.
"cause its working." he says like if it was normal.
his gaze is stuck mine, but shortly interrupted by our professor.

"Mr Govender. why aren't you in your seat." the professor asks sternly. "my bad *classmates name* was in my seat" he lies. i roll my eyes as my partner returns to his seat and the professor begins his lesson.

after a long and boring lesson the bell finally rings.
i exit the classroom as quickly as possible but feel a pair of hands pull me by my waist into an empty hallway.

"you coming to the party tonight?" Niccolo asks.
"thats none of your business" i say still annoyed from earlier. "but it is" he says as he lifts my chin so we make eye contact.

"why cant you just stay away nicco" i groan.
"what can i say? we cant resist each other" he smirks.
"whats V gonna say when she finds out her boyfriend is hitting on her bestfriend, which if you havent noticed, has a boyfriend" i ask.

"easy. she wont" hes so unbelievable.
speak of the devil. "NICCO?" Virginia is roaming the halls, looking for nicco like if she lost her puppy.

"your owners looking for you" i push him away.
"i better see you later" he says and kisses my cheek.
finally walks off behind Virginia, leaving me alone in an empty hallway.

@ihrtkevin's notes 🎱 : 

this is such a short chapter
but i promise they will get longer ¡

also excuse the many time skips,
im just trying to get deeper into
the story so you guys are engaged .

if you like slow burns, this book might not
be for you, as i dont really enjoy
writing slow burns

with that said, dont be a silent reader ¡
i really enjoy hearing yalls thoughts

i hope you guys enjoy
the beginning of this story 💝