Chapter 2

Two lines of soldiers walked in and I saw Norrington behind them. They took two steps out and tried to angle their guns to make a tunnel but the lines were not quite straight so it looked really messed up. My father offered him the sword made by Will. He took it and pointed it in front of him. He then turmed and tossed it behind his back to his other hand. I will spare you the details of the rest of the ceremony as it got very boring. Afterward Norrington came up to me and said, " May I have a moment?" I let him take me to the edge of the fort, away from all the commotion. " Uh, you look lovely, Anna.  I, uh, apologize if I seem forward, but I... must speak my mind. This promotion throws into sharp relief that which I have not yet achieved. Uh... a marriage to a fine woman. You have become a fine woman, Anna." I took a step toward the Commodore and tripped on one of the stones and fell toward the water. I started swimming when a strange man grabbed me and helped me to shore. As I was falling I heard the Commodore yell, "Anna?! Oh God." By the time I had got to shore my father and the Commodore were most of the way there. The man picked up the pirate medallion and asked, "Where did you get that?" Before I could answer the question the Commodore had gotten there and had already told the man to stand up. My sister started to protest that they could not kill my rescuer. The Commodore proved that this man was a pirate but my sister kept protesting. I had grabbed the Commodore's arm and was clinging to it like a lifeline. I guess this just proved just how in love I was with him.

Once the pirate who we now knew was Jack Sparrow, was in irons my sister went to try to convince the Commodore to release him, but Mr. Sparrow flinged his irons around her throat and then said, "Commodore, my effects please, and my hat." And then he said, "Now Elizabeth, it's Elizabeth right." "It's Ms. Swann." She responded. "Well Ms. Swann, if you would be so kind." "You're despicable." She said. He said something but having my head buried in the Commodore's shoulder made it hard to hear. The pirate then said, "Gentlemen, mi ladies, you will always remember this as the day you almost caught captain Jack Sparrow!" He shoved Elizabeth at us and flew up in the air while the Commodore opened fire on Sparrow. Sparrow went running off and I later learned from Will that he had come into Brown's Blacksmithing and Will and Sparrow had a heated sword fight. After Sparrow escaped my sister came up to Norrington and I and grabbed my hand and pulled me away from him and told him to shut up and go away. Then she said, "Dad, stop giving me fashion advice. I hate corsets." After she said this I dissolved into laughter.

Elizabeth and I got in the carriage while I was still laughing and headed home while our father went off with Commodore Norrington. All of a sudden I felt a shockwave and the wind started blowing as we all walked into the house. I went up to room and noticed I must have dropped the medallion as it was in my shoe. I looked out the window and saw a ship flying a jolly roger flag. The flag of a pirate. I yelled to Elizabeth and we ran into one of the coat rooms and hid as the pirates came into our house. We told our maids that they would, at the first opportunity run to the fort. I believe they did. There we stood in the coat room waiting to be found. And there they came stumbling up the stairs and we heard them calling for someone called 'Poppet.' I had a feeling they meant us. We waited and waited until they came up to the doors and opened them. "Hello poppets."They said, and opened the doors. "Parley!" I yelled.