Chapter 2: Sean

After lunch, I decided to go out on a date with Mum. She seems to have a lot on her mind. From Aunt Amber's speech and my own decision to reveal the truth, she must feel very confused.

"Why are you sad? I am doing this so that you can find yourself a person to grow old with." I asked her.

She squeezed my hand. "My daughter. You know you are all I need... I chose you for a reason. As long as you are with me, I am happy. I don't need anything else."

"Yeah. Your mum no longer talks to you because of me. How can I not feel guilty when you can be living with someone who loves you?"

"You love me, don't you? I don't care if my mum no longer talks to me anymore. All I need is you, and I wouldn't have it any other way. But if you want to tell everyone that you are the Sandra Park's daughter, I will allow you to do so. Just remember, it does not change the fact that you are still my daughter as much as Sandy's."

"Yes, Madam Lee. How can I forget how much Madam Park's best friend loves me? I just don't get how you can go so long without getting some, you know, the D."

She smacked my arm. "How did you get so naughty? Had school infected your mind?"

"Ouch. I get it. Mind you, I am 25 years old. I hope you don't always see me so innocent..."

"Alright let just get some dessert. Just answering your question. I don't really enjoy the D, never will and never experienced it." I choked on my saliva, shocked at what my mum just said.

"Madam Lee is a virgin? How did you even have me?" I joked.

"Madam Park gave me you, of course. And who said I am a virgin?"

"You did? You said you never had it before."

"Yeah yeah..."

After our little date, we came back home and started to prep for the memorial. We were going through the list of people to be invited. Mum said she does not want to invite everyone in the entertainment industry, but there were a few exceptions. Some old men and women that are important for my connections, some of her and Mother's close friends and Janet Kim, Mother's on-screen daughter.

Apparently the rising actress is the only one that knows of my identity. We have met once before on set, but never again. I wonder what she is like now. Is she still as pretty as Mother used to call her?