Chapter 4: Sean

"Sean, why don't you say hi to Unnie?" Mum spoke.

"It's ok, Auntie. She probably does not remember me." Janet Kim turns toward me, "hi. I'm Janet. I used to work with your mums when I just started out. I think we have met a couple of times before." Why is she so happy all the time?

"It was just once, but I must've left an impression on you. And I do remember you, it was hard to forget you." I responded. I could only remember meeting her once on set.

"So Jane will you be there? It would be amazing if you could join the memorial." Mum asked her.

"Of course I will be there. You know I have never missed any of Sandra Eomma's anniversaries!"

Eomma? She called Mother, Eomma? And what is she saying? She will never miss any? Is she trying to poke at me for being away for university? I don't even know why Mum is so adamant about her being there.

We got back home and Mum was nagging through the whole car ride. "Sean why were you so mean to Jane? Your Unnie always adored you. As your mum, it felt like I did not raise you right."

"I was just in a bad mood. Besides, why did we have to meet her personally to invite her?"

"Don't give me this attitude. Jane is someone important to your mother and I. It just feels nice to meet her once in a while. And I wanted you two to meet again."

We got through the front door and Alice came up to us. "I heard from Mum that you met the Janet Kim! I'm so jealous. Why do you always get to meet my crushes before me?"

"You should've went instead of me..."

"What? Why is our Sean not happy to meet Jane? I remember you always used to cling onto that kid when I picked you up from school." Aunt Sally poked her head out from the kitchen.

"Why do you keep saying that? I told you it was Jennie Kim, not Janet Kim. That pretty Unnie is definitely not her." I replied. What's with everyone saying weird things. I have only met her once in my life.

"Alright. Sally stop poking my daughter. She takes after your sister for her hot temper. I don't know why she can never be civil like me."

"Okay. Whatever you say, my dearest sister."

I went upstairs to my room. I don't know why I act up whenever I see her. It's know like she did anything to me. Besides I'm the real daughter. She's just Mother's on-screen daughter...