Night Patrol

Over the next few nights, you as well as the other Freedom Pals members have been paired off into groups to gather much more information on the gang that you guys were dealing with. The one thing that you guys hadn't really thought about encountering was the fact that gathering information was a lot harder than it should've been. 

Tonight, Soulweaver and Toolshed were paired for the mission, to scout around the areas for any other possible gang members or gang-like activity. The both of you were scouting around the Peppermint Hippo, since this is where the majority of the suspicious activity were taking place. However, nobody actually took the liberty of looking inside of the strip club. Around the corner near the dumpster area, is where you and Toolshed were hanging out to watch for activity. 

"Dude, it smells out here." Toolshed couldn't help but scrunch his nose in disgust as he realized that he was standing closed to the dumpster, which contained... many interesting items inside. "There's gotta' be a better place to scout for suspicious activity, not near the goddamn dumpster." 

"There's the roof, but... then we wouldn't really have the ability to hear conversations clearly." You responded, peeking your head around the corner to see if there were any new people coming or leaving the strip club. "If you have any better suggestions, then be my guest." 

Toolshed seemed to be deep in thought about it for a few seconds, with a finger placed under his chin. After a few moments, he had nodded to himself, seeming to have an idea. "Alright, let's go inside." He suggested, seeing that your facial expression and demeanor had quickly changed. 

With eyes wide, and a light blush trickling your cheeks, this was the last thing that you'd expect Toolshed to suggest. "Are you fucking serious?" You asked him in a surprised tone, but looking at him, he seemed dead serious. "We're supposed to be looking out for suspicious activity, not enjoying ourselves at a strip club!" 

He smacked a hand against his face, and sighed that this was the first thing you thought of. "No, I'm suggesting that we go inside to scout. We're only outside, what if something's actually going on inside instead?" 

"Of course you would suggest that." You replied in a tone that suggested you were suspicious of his story. "A perfect excuse for you to get in and watch girls dance around with their tops off, claiming that it's part of your duty as a hero to make sure that the strippers are safe?"

"Nah, that's more of Kenny's thing, dude." Toolshed rolled his eyes, and smirked slightly as he saw your reaction seemed to agree with his statement. "Besides, why would I need to come in here in Toolshed uniform when I can easily just go in on any normal day?"

"Well I don't know, maybe you're hoping that one of the strippers will give you a discount because they have a thing for heroes of the night?" You shrugged your shoulders, and rolled your eyes. Of course you didn't believe that he was suggesting to go inside for personal pleasure, but it was just fun to banter with one of you closer friends. 

"Dude you're such a little shit." Toolshed wrapped an arm behind your neck, locking it against his chest and quickly yanked off your hood just to mess up your hair. Something that he knew you disliked. However, he found it as a suitable punishment for being so taunting towards him tonight. 

Shrieking out, you smacked a hand against his forearm, and tried to get him to stop messing up your hair, but he was going on his own terms when he thought was an acceptable time to stop teaching you a lesson. After a few seconds, he then released you, earning him a flick on the forehead. He only laughed to himself when he saw your annoyed expression as you tried to flatten down your hair, rolling your eyes in the process. Placing your hood back in position on the top of your head, you walked out of the alleyway where you guys were at, and towards the doors of the Peppermint Hippo.