One

Everyone in the kingdom knew the story of Jaksa the knight. It had become a popular bed time story for kids, and a common tale told to traveler's. The story of a criminal who did the impossible. How he redeemed himself in such an extraordinary way, and found his way into the princes heart. Of course, no one knew the full extent of their bond. 

After Jaksas death, Zander had moved away from the forest Kingdom to live with his mother in the mountains. He decided it would be better, as he believed that even after death, Jaksas spirit was still with him, protecting him. Like a guardian Angel, he believed that wherever he went, Jaksa would follow. He knew it would be the knights dream to move to the mountain kingdom, so that's what he did, taking Jaksas spirit with him. Kass stayed with Thomas, watching him grow from a prince to a king was far more rewarding than anything he ever stole. He often thought about his friend. He missed Sophia too. He fantasied about how different his life would be with the, still in it. He would still have his best friend, and maybe a potential wife. He lost both that day. 

Thomas became king at the age of 28, after his father died of a heart attack, he was thrown onto the throne with little idea of what to do. He was great full, however, for Kass sticking by his side and helping him through out the stress and grief.  

Zander became king after his mother passed, handing him the crown when he was 32. It was a huge change for him, as he had just gotten used to living in the mountains, but him and Sasha grew close rapidly, and she was always by his side for support. When Zander visited the forest kingdom, every year, there would be a ceremony. People all over the kingdom would come to see him, greeting him and laying flowers to Jaksas grave. Everyone in Jaksas life missed him dearly, but little did they know, someone who had never been in his life was missing him too. 

Young Jakkolwiek. Nephew of Jaksa, who had even changed his name to sound more like his uncles name. His mother, Jaksas sister, had raised him to see Jaksa as a hero. Jaksas sister, Marcy, was born shortly before the village had been raided and Jaksa was separated from his family. She met her husband years later, and had their first child. They named him after Marcy's father, Luarana, but he changed his name shortly after his parents died. A disease spread throughout his home town, killing most of the villagers. This drove Jakko and his best friend, Katsper, to leave the village to go out on their own and create their own story. Katsper was a year younger than Jakko, fourteen. He was never much of a talker, shy and anxious, he was the complete opposite to Jakko, the loud and confident one. 

Jakko had fairly dark hair. It fell over his eyes and was cut in a messy and uneven way. He always carried his wooden sword that his mother made for him, strapping it to his belt. Katsper, short and fearful, had dirty blonde hair that was shorter had had more curls to it. He would much rather cower and yield than try and defeat Jakko in one of his dwells. 

The two fled their town after the death of their family to the woods. There, they found a tree house that wasn't too far from the castle. They made a few adjustments, and after  few months it had a working fire place and a mostly comfortable bed, planters outside the window to grow food. Jakko did the hunting, and Katsper cooked it afterwards. They made an amazing team despite being opposites. 

Although, Jakko longed for more. He wanted adventure, action. He wanted to be remembered, to do something important in the world. He wanted to be like his uncle. He often went around claiming that Jaksa was his father, and some people believed it, seeing the resemblance. Katsper knew, of course, that it wasn't true. 

Katsper believed he wasn't cut out to be a knight, but after many encouraging and long talks with Jakko, decided that maybe he would enjoy it. 

Unfortunately for them, there was a rule. Knights would have to be born into knighthood, meaning one of the parents had to be a knight. With the exception of the king seeing someone worthy of being a knight, there was no proper way they could become knights in the traditional way. 

But Jaksa did not do it the traditional way, so Jakko wasn't going to either.