the project

Alos pov:

"So I guess we're partners," I said. The teacher had assigned partners for a project for L A (language arts), and Blake and I were partners.

If you don't see a problem, well, i am a bat (northern long eared bat). He is a hawk (northern herrier). Hawks are a bat main predator or, I think, are the main. But we never really paid attention to each other until now.

"No shit Sherlock who else is?" Blake said," You know I never wanted to hit someone before, but now I do." " Chill down, I was just trying to make small talk since we're going to be stuck for the next week together."

~end of day~
I'm walking on the sidewalk towards my home, and I hear footsteps behind me. They are close, but I bit far
"So guess we are going to your place."
"What are you talking about" I stopped and turn around to see Blake to also stopped, staring at me he said again "Let me say it a bit louder I guess your place because I didn't get your number to contact and you seem to be a bit moody since first and second period there is that better i heard bats are a bit deaf"

"First, I wouldn't want your number because it be like a hippo fitting in a child toy car. Second, I am not moody. I am simply irritated, and third we are not deaf we just have a high hearing causing us to be sensitive to loud noises" I said, turning back around walking again "Is that why you wear those head phones all the time or are you do it to look cool and not be like other girls" whipping around I made a sound I never made before "firstly I am not a girl second if you don't like me then say it to my face"

"Gladly I-" "Al, come here, who is this?"
Looking back to see my mother and sister outside on the porch, "he is no one mother" I went over to her and she touched my face and looked around me for any type of marks for him

"Go inside," walking up the stairs, looking back only to see, turn, and go away. "What were you thinking being near a hawk? You could have gotten hurt, I do not want any more of my children to be hurt by hawks, raccoon, snakes, owls, none of them" "mother I am okay I am not hurt plus I know how to protect my self I have done it be fore too you don't need to-" "shh no I don't care if you can protect your self stay away from them they will hurt you and your siblings"
"Okay, I will"

~later~
I was in the kitchen, it was 11:00 pm most of my family is awake doing there normal things until its sunrise. With us being a nocturnal animal we normally go to sleep during the day and is up for the night doing what ever they do, well I'm making food, I having been eating much since it getting warmer, its been hot to do much even if I grew up dealing with the heat 

It was getting to hot in the kitchen so I raised a window up it was warm but not too warm with a nice cool wind, I was at the counter cutting fruit when I saw something in the corner of my eye, I turn to look and it was velvet and vesper. With velvet meaning soft napped fabric due to her soft-like fur, its similar to the fabric cashmere, and vesper meaning evening star or evening prayer, we prefer evening star, he has little tiny white dots on him,so small you cant see unless with a bright light and up close. 

velvet and vesper are my younger twin siblings with them being 3 years younger than me "can I help you two" I said then came closer I knew what they wanted, my food, they normally steal it. Since they are half different from the normal bat they are shined out by our mother. Sometimes our father too, but he is mostly equal to each of us and doesn't really pick favorites unless we achieve something good.

they make little mice sounds to communicate, "here, you two can have rest of this" I Finnish peeling the other half of the mango and set it down on a plate, when I finished cutting my half and threw the peeling in the composer I found out that they hadn't ate the fruit. It was common for bats to eat with family or friends but this was something different. I had mostly raised them, but they are only 10 years old (both in bat and human) so I had when i turned 9 I took care of them. When I went over to them I asked why they weren't eating and they said they were waiting for me to finish cleaning up. Which is not common with older siblings but mostly with mother's and father's

After we got down eating i went back to my room to do research for the project in LA class. I heard tapping at the window but knowing the neighborhood you do pay attention to because it could be a predator or could be a folk creature of ours. the tapping keeps going on for maybe 10 mins, i got tired of listening to it so i went to find out who or what is making that noise.

looking past the current or blanket, someone was in front or on the driveway, since the porch and garage outside lights were on I could see who it was. It was Blake. I turn back closing the currents and exiting my room to go down stairs but not before grabbing something just in case he does something. I know that wouldn't happen because we went to the same elementary school and is going to the same middle school but that doesn't mean he or someone else could be outside trying to do something to mean or my family.

Going out the front door I see him standing at the end of the stairs I asked him what does he want and he says "I know bats are more active at night with doing things, so I thought I would come over and start doing the project."