Chapter 27 - Boulder

©2024 AMDS/Imaginationgirl35

Warm lips pressing against my head rouse me from sleep. It's so comfy. I don't want to wake up yet. Not when my body is so deliciously sore.

"Wake up, beautiful," Daniel whispers before gently pressing another kiss on the soft spot behind my ear, sending little zings of pleasure throughout my body.

"Mm," I moan as I burrow further into the blankets. "No, thank you. But more kisses would be nice."

"No, you don't. We have somewhere to be. Up!"

With a whoosh, chilled air crashes against my bare skin. My eyes snap open and I scowl at my soon-to-be-dead husband. I'm about to rip him a new one for disturbing my slumber, but my words get caught when I see he's already dressed, wearing a pair of jeans and a black, button-up shirt. The sleeves of which are rolled up to his elbow. My mouth waters as I take him in. His hair is wet and wavy and appears to have been brushed through with his fingers. I don't understand why he bothered getting ready when he's just going to end up undressed shortly. Seems like a bit of a waste to me.

Oh well. His problem.

With a flirty smile, I say, "Why are you so clothed?"

"Nope. Put those eyes away. We have stuff to do today. Get up and get dressed. I'm going to check in with Huck and Lucy. I'll meet you at the car."

"Wait. What's going on?" I ask as I pull myself up into a seated position.

Seeing the concern on my face, Daniel leans down and gives me another kiss as he mumbles, "Everything is fine, little Lottie Girl. But, I have a surprise for you and we need to get going. Okay?"

My eyes stare at him, and I see his sincerity, so I nod. "Okay."

"Good. Now hurry," he says, gently smacking my side butt before spinning around and leaving the cabin without another word.

Well, darn. I look at the clock on my bedside table, shocked that it's almost noon. How did I sleep through the Pigsley alarm? Last night must have taken everything out of me, I suppose. With a surprised shake of my head, I get out of bed and head into the bathroom. I hop into the shower, rinsing off quickly. I dress in a dove-egg blue maxi dress and beige gladiator sandals. I leave my hair down so it can air-dry into my natural waves, and I add a little mascara to brighten up my eyes, but I don't bother with any other makeup.

As soon as I'm ready, I walk out toward the car and find Daniel standing by the passenger side with the door held open for me.

"Why did you want me to meet you out here?" I ask as I slide into my seat.

"Because if I looked at you naked any longer, we'd not only be late, but we wouldn't make it at all. And today is important." He closes my door and walks around so he can get into the driver's seat. He slides inside and pulls out his phone.