Chapter 7: Sean

It's been a month since Mother's 20th anniversary. The news had died down, but the situation with Mum is still the same. Potential suitors have been asking me about her, yet she replies with "I only need my daughter. I do not need love." Why is she still acting this way? I have opened the way for her to be a single woman just like she was before she had to step in to be my mum. I do not want her to end up alone like my mother, yet she is stubborn.

I also have been seeing Janet Kim more often. Especially now that she has signed with our company. I still don't fully trust her, but I'm growing fond of her. Also because Mum has been pushing for us to go out with each other and has been inviting her over to the house. It does not help it that the whole family seems to like her a lot. Today, she is joining our dinner again.

"Janet. How I wish you were a part of our family." Grandpa suddenly said.

"Right Father. I would say Jacob could marry her, but their age gap is too big for that to work." Aunt Amber joked.

"No, no. I say. You should just marry our Sean. She is only three years younger than you. And you call Sandra Eomma already." Grandma voiced her opinion.

It did not help because Aunt Sally was butting in. "That's true. Why don't you guys just get married. An actress and her boss. That is a fun story to tell your children."

"Auntie. You're making her uncomfortable." I spoke.

"If your mother was here, I think she would say the same thing. Noona always joked how Janet should be her daughter-in-law." Uncle River also butted in, which was unlikely.

"Right. That's what I'm saying. And look at your mum. She's smiling so wide. My sisters love Janet so much." Aunt Sally said, making me see how Mum was not saying a word, but smiling from ear to ear.

"Stop it guys. You're probably scaring Janet. Also, just because I am gay, it does not mean you can just offer me to every girl you think is pretty."

"So you think she is pretty?" Alice jumped in.

"I don't think you guys are scaring me. If anything, Sean seems more scared. And for the record, I am also gay." Janet finally spoke out.

"What?!" I said a bit too loud.

"If you accept your family's offer, I wouldn't mind. I think you're pretty too..." Janet continued, as if I did not already understood what she meant.

With that whole conversation, Janet went home and I was left questioning myself in my room.

She's gay.

How could I not see that. I mean not that it should matter to me because I definitely do not like her. But all this time? Is my gaydar getting weak now that I am back in Korea?