Chapter 8: Janet

"I don't think you guys are scaring me. If anything, Sean seems more scared. And for the record, I am also gay." Seeing her shocked face is funny, but I also wanted to make sure that she knew.

"What?!" Sean shockingly said..

"If you accept your family's offer, I wouldn't mind. I think you're pretty too..." she should already know what I mean. This does not get any clearer.

I could clearly see all of the teasing looks of her family and decided to excuse myself to go home since I have a shoot tomorrow morning. In the car, I kept smiling.

She is so cute all flustered like that. Although her cold side is hot, I like it better when she does not know what to say. And she did say she thinks I'm pretty... that definitely is a win for me. Also how does she not know I'm gay? It's not like I have been hiding my interest towards her. I even go to the office when I'm not needed just to see her. Can't I be more obvious?

As I was about to exit my car, I realised that my dad's car was parked outside. He must be back home. It's been almost two months and he just got back.

"How is my daughter? I heard a really funny story from Tiffany just now." He said to me. I know he is going to tease me again.

"It is not funny. If anything, I am interested in the offer." I replied.

"Right. 'Getting married to the Park Princess' offer. I heard she was shocked."

"She was shocked because she did not know I was gay. I blame it on you. She is still jealous of the fact that I call Aunt Sandra, Eomma. Your friend's daughter is really weird."

"She's just like her mother. Always getting jealous for no reason. Why does she not take after my dear friend?"

"It also did not help that Aunt Tiffany was constantly saying how close I was with her wife. It's like she does not know that Sean is just like Eomma." I complained.

"She's just fond of you. I mean she gets to live the past by seeing you guys. My dear friend can only dream of her wife. She does not even have the privilege to call Sandra her wife. Always so selfless for her loved ones."

"She is... But I feel bad for Sean. She has been missing her mother for so long that she does not even know her other parent was beside her all along."

"That's what my generation had to do. Sometimes the truth can do more harm than good. Tiff's mum showed that. She already lost two people, she can't risk losing her child, even if that means she has to pretend to be her adoptive mother."

I remember having the talk about it before Eomma passed away. She and Aunt Tiffany sat me down with my dad. Sean was small and clueless, but they knew that I sensed the truth. They knew that I knew they were a couple raising their child. Even if people saw it as best friends caring for each other, I knew that Aunt Tiffany was more than Eomma's best friend.

Although I didn't understand why it had to happen. I finally understood when Eomma passed away. It was the time Aunt Tiffany was pregnant. And the first time I met Marcella Lee, Aunt Tiffany's mother.